Dometic Refrigerator Recall

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I just found out that a Dometic Recall of some of there refrigerators built from June '03 - Sept '06. I just checked mine and my '07 Bighorn refrigerator is on the recall. The model and serial numbers are needed to check if yours is listed. The link to check is here .......Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

vangoes

What is the issue thats being recalled? In my last motorhome (99 model) there was a dometic recall for a fire hazard when running in the electric mode. Anyone know if this is the same issue? I'm heading out in about 2 weeks so I probably cant get it in the shop before then.

Last edited:

cjbearden

Visitor
Thanks katkens for the dometic information. This time our refrigerator is in the recall also. Having her fixed tomorrow afternoon at Camping World in Fountain, CO. Good Job!

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Thank you Ken for the refrig heads up our refrig is one that is on the recall list with out you informing us I would have not known of the recall .Also thank you Jim B for suppling the recall model #'s I'm proud to be part of a GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE ! thanks again TRAVELER07[Rick

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the Heads Up Ken! Ours is also on the list. Scary thing is if you read about the recall at the website, it almost tells you not to use the fridge. I haven't checked to see if we have any of the symptoms yet but I have a call in to a facility that does on site repair.

fhollan

Dometic Recall

Thanks Ken & Jim. Just checked mine and it's on the list this time. Will call first thing in the morning for an appointment. This is the place for information such as this.

jnbhobe

I have a dometic DM 2862 but I can't find it on thier web site Does anyone else have a DM model. Thanks Jon

jnbhobe

Well I guess I got worried for nothing,I couldn't find the DM model on their web site. Dug out the litature on the frig. Built in 2007 and its a DM2862.
Life is good.:)

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Wouldn't you know it, we were to leave tomorrow and I find our fridge is included. We don't have any of the symtoms but I turned the gas off it tonight. Guess we have to delay our trip until I can get it in for service..../Doug

Ray LeTourneau

We had our fridge recall fixed today. It involves and additional layer of metal shielding surrounding the heat tank and an electrical sensor to shut things down in the event of a malfunction. When I went to the Dometic site to check if our unit was part of the recall I also looked up available service people in the area and one of them just happened to be a mobile repair guy. Was I lucky or what? We be good to go!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I got mine fixed yesterday and was just a sheet metal shield installed. The kit contains several shields and electrical sensor. Mine already had some of the shields and sensor was already on the frig. The install was very quick ,by the time they filled an empty propane tank ,the repairman was done ........Ken

Two Hands

My refrigerator is also on the recall list. However, the repair man said he called Dometic and they won't authorize any fix until the notices are mailed out and they had not yet been mailed. But some of you have already had done. Something is not right, but I don't know what to do about it.

Ray LeTourneau

My refrigerator is also on the recall list. However, the repair man said he called Dometic and they won't authorize any fix until the notices are mailed out and they had not yet been mailed. But some of you have already had the work done. Something is not right, but I don't know what to do about it.
I'm not sure how it's supposed to work but I followed the link in the earlier post in this thread and entered my Model and serial number. Once I determined my fridge was on the list I followed the links to find an authorized repair facility. I called, they came and fixed. No questions asked.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We had ours done in Great Falls, our dealer wouldn't/couldn't do it for several weeks. The Service guy said it was a 6 hr. job, it took the tech. in Great Falls 30 min. We had this trip planned and wanted to get away, not great service from our dealership in my opinion. They have been shaky since day 1...../Doug

Last edited:

Gary Steeves

I just checked our model / serial # by entering it in the Dometic site and it came back that ours is also on the recall list - even though the sticker on the fridge shows a build date of 2007. --guess the're doing them all !

I'll see if I can locate a mobile service -I'm hopeful I can be lucky like several of you !!

Thanks for the post and the Dometic link.