Kitchen Cabinet not level

Shadowchek

We just purchased a 2008 Bh 3400RL and noticed that the kitchen cabinet over the sink is way off of level. I measured from the counter to the cabinet on both ends and ther is about an inch and a half difference between the two ends. It is really obvious. I will be taking it back to the dealer to check out but it is a little scarry. I wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if so what the cure was.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've found a couple of things that aren't "square" in our 3400. The closet sliding doors and the Living area TV opening. Neither one are obvious to the extent that it bothers us. If we slide our closet doors to the opposite side there is about a 3/4" gap at the top side of one and the same at the bottom side of the other. Our TV opening is about 1/2" taller top to bottom on one side as compared to the other. I would think the kitchen cabinets would be an easy fix. Detach from the sidewall and the ceiling near the walk-through isle, plumb them and re-attach. The wall on the side of the fridge should be able to flex enough to allow 1.5 inches movement on the opposite end. Something the dealer should be able to handle with ease. Scary? A little, but at the rate they build these things I can imagine it would be easy to overlook.

HappyKayakers

If we slide our closet doors to the opposite side there is about a 3/4" gap at the top side of one and the same at the bottom side of the other.

Ray,
I noticed the same thing on my closet doors while spending the winter in NW Texas. (I was adding foam to the edges to keep out the cold from the front cap.) Anyway, there are adjusters on the doors where they hang from the track. Play with them a little and see if that helps.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray,
I noticed the same thing on my closet doors while spending the winter in NW Texas. (I was adding foam to the edges to keep out the cold from the front cap.) Anyway, there are adjusters on the doors where they hang from the track. Play with them a little and see if that helps.
They close just fine. It's when you push them to the opposite side that they are out of square. When they are closed normally, you can't tell they're off.

Shadowchek

I don't expect it to be perfectly square but close would be good. It looks like they would have to cut a little off of the top on the low side and remount it then it should be ok. I just hate to see them have to remove the cabinets in our new BH. The closet door would not be good ours seems to be ok.

Thanks

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I noticed the same thing with my closet doors. But only when they are slid to the opposite ends. When we are getting ready to travel and locking them in, they are perfectly square.
Fred

Jimmyt5

ditto on my doors. I adjusted my doors to be square when they are moved to the other side when we are parked. That way you are not using the arm rippers and they look square, when moving they are off square and I don't have to look at them.....

Shadowchek

Sorry Ray You are probably right on the fix for our cabinets I am just glad I don't have to do it. Arm Rippers huh Jimmy We haven't taken ours out yet we haven't had it a week yet I guess we will be finding out and changing a lot of things. I can't wait though. Over all so far we love our BH. We were going to buy a 3055 due to the length but got an unbelievable deal on this one. I is a little bigger than we wanted but love the space inside and The 3055 is still pretty big so might as well take the xtra space. That xtra 2.5 ft makes a lot of difference.

Jimmyt5

Greg the arm rippers are the plastic things that hold the doors closed. I think they have replaced them.

theharveys

They have replaced the arm rippers with a nice set of latches. I had our dealer order a set and while I have the trailer in for some other minor issues, I am having them install the new closet latches.

Shadowchek

I do have the arm rippers I will have to look into different latches one more for the list. It's fun though. I guess I got lucky with the closet both my doors close flush at both ends.

Wild Bill

Dedicated Bighorner
My 07 3670RL has the same problem. My kitchen cabinets are off by almost an inch and a half. I noticed it easily. My sliding door to the bathroom from the bedroom is also way off square. It measures 21-3/8 at the bottom of the jam and 22-3/8 at the top. I would never do work like that so it bothers me a lot.