Checks

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Unfortunately we didn't qualify...our business "lost" money in 07' and DH retirement check doesn't qualify as income...go figure!!!

Tom of Ypsi

Our check is put on hold because we had to file an ammendment to our taxes. As of yesterday the IRS does not know when we will get our check. Guess we will keep watch on everyones coaches while they go watch a free show.

Jimmyt5

Unfortunately we didn't qualify...our business "lost" money in 07' and DH retirement check doesn't qualify as income...go figure!!!

My understanding of the stimulus check is whether you had income or not ,just had to file to get it....

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I received a notice yesterday that stated "The new law provides payments for individuals who have a total of $3,000 or more in earned income, ssn benefits and/or certain veteran's payments, you may receive a payment of $300($600 if married filing jointly)."
So, it appears that you do have to have some sort of earned income to qualify. I like that, payments in the past have gone to anyone whether they worked or not. Nothing more than a disquised welfare payment.
Fred

Jimmyt5

Thanks for clearing that up for me....
Normally they don't call SS "earned income", they just change the rules when they want... lol

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
They sure consider my USMC retirement check earned income. I get taxed on it. Seems like a dog chasing his tail. They tax it then pay me out of the government coffers, which is tax dollars.
Fred

boatdoc

What we don't understand is WHY this whole deal is happening. They go out and borrow billions to pay this thing and put the USA more in debt. Just a deeper hole for our young to try and climb out of.