Tornadoes in DFW metroplex

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All, say some prayers for the Plantation Place RV Park in Sunnyvale, TX just east of Dallas, preliminary reports say the park was hit by a tornado, 60-65 rigs may be involved. Some tossed into a pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8amps

Erika, I knew about tornado, one hit about a mile from my aunt and uncle house in Rowlett but they are all ok. I didn't even think about this RV park but it is only a few miles from their house. In fact, we were going to call them tomorrow to see if they had room for us for our visit in March. They've been full every other time we've been there. Will keep them in our prayers. Please update if you learn anything more. Glad you're safe and sound.
Mary

TravelTiger

Mary, I think this is the same tornado that hit Rowlett.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Everyone is in our prayers. We picked up the Landmark at Explore USA on 12/26/2012...we spent the night at Plantation Place. Exactly 3 years to the day...

TravelTiger

1e20babf5ecb5bcc47ab397a84230fc0.jpg

A picture taken of the newscast this AM of Plantation Place.

8amps

That's is unbelievable, looks like a movie set. I hope everyone was in a storm shelter and no one was hurt. Stuff can be replaced but that is an experience that would take a while to recover from. Our prayers are with them and the whole community affected. Thanks for the update Erika.

RRT

Local news reported that 6 people were injured and no fatalities occurred in the park. Some are staying at a Red Cross shelter.

TxCowboy

Our neighbors in our RV park in Rockport have their SnB home up in the Rowlett area. We were all out at dinner last night when their phone started going off with text messages about the tornado there. They have lots of friends and family in that area.

Our thoughts and prayers are with those in Rowlett and with all those impacted by the harsh weather that has occurred in the past several days.

TravelTiger

Good news:

Six people were injured, but everyone in Plantation Place RV Park, off of Barnes Bridge Road, was accounted for late Sunday morning, according to Melinda Urbina with the Dallas County Sheriff’s office. The injuries were not life-threatening. There were no fatalities.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
HERE is a CBS News video of the RV Park.

Two of my daughters live in the area and came through the stormy night with no damage or injury, thank God.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Did you notice about 20 seconds in (at -1:48 seconds) that Big Country in that pile of three 5th-wheelers?

They show it again toward the end of the video with fire fighters poking around inside the back window of it . . .

I wonder if it is anyone from here?

The one lying on the edge of the pond is Cyclone...