Looking to Connect 30# Tanks to Portable BBQ

GregP

We have a BH 3010RE and there is no external auxiliary gas line to connect to a portable BBQ. We currently travel with a Weber portable, and use a 20# tank with an extension hose to avoid using the one pound disposable cylinders. I was wondering if there is a safe and practical way to tee off of the RV 30# tanks and use the BBQ with an extension line run from them instead of lugging around the 20# tank. I don't want to do this if it might compromise the safety or operation of any of the on-board RV appliances, but was thinking that if there was no problem, it might be a good way of hooking up the BBQ. Any thoughts?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I've used a tee for several years. Got it a Camping World, I believe. In fact it's moved with me through 3 different trailers and it still runs my Weber Q off of the Landmark's 40# bottles Without a problem. About the only "bad" think I can say about it, is when you need to fill your tank, if you leave the tee on the bottle, it takes 2 or 3 additional minutes to fill the tank vs a valve without the tee. No big deal to me, but might be to others.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I have an inline tee on the door side LP tank that accepts a 12 ft hose for our Weber Q100 grill. Picked it up at a Menards. I'm sure they can be found other places too.
d095e0c4de0f79ea480c9eff55f893d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregP

That looks like exactly what I was thinking of. Is there an auto shut-off for the propane at the open end of the tee when it is not connected? Obviously...I have no knowledge of all things propane!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith,
Do you travel with the tee installed, or do you remove it while on the road?

I leave it installed. I have a brass cap that I screw over the open end, but otherwise, do not do any thing to it.

jbeletti

I've used the T off the tank for years with no trouble. Mr Heater brand I think. Sold at CW and Ace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Find a hydraulics shop that can manufacturer lines I had one made. Or you can use a small propane tank mine hold s 1.9 gallon s of propane. Brought my small tank at ace hardware.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk