RV Lock v. 3

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I have version 3 of the RV Lock. I've changed the batteries in the handle but was wondering if there is/are battery (s) in the key pad. I've sent a PM to the RV Lock people but being Sunday I really don't expect an answer until sometime tomorrow. Being the impatient type I really don't want to wait.

Does any one know if the key pad has a separate battery that needs to be changed. My pad has stopped lighting up and beeping when a number is pushed. I will not lock or unlock the door even though the door unit has brand new batteries in it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yes there is. One of the small flat ones. A 2032 I believe. Small door on bottom of key pad held in place by 2 VERY small Phillips head screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klindgren

No luck. I changed the battery (correctly I think) but the key pad still doesn't work. When I took the battery holder out of the pad, the battery fell out so I'm not 100% sure which way it goes in, but i THINK I saw the negative side towards the front of the pad (numbers side) and positive towards the back (sticky side). Do you remember?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
No luck. I changed the battery (correctly I think) but the key pad still doesn't work. When I took the battery holder out of the pad, the battery fell out so I'm not 100% sure which way it goes in, but i THINK I saw the negative side towards the front of the pad (numbers side) and positive towards the back (sticky side). Do you remember?

No I don't. I guess you could take it apart and check...
Here's the installation instructions. Maybe it needs to be synchronized again with the handle?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...nd-Sync-Instructions.pdf?11081776989866161533

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rcnewell11

My key pad is separate from the door handle and it has to be paired with it.I called them a couple months ago on different issue on keypad wasn't recognizing me hitting my numbers all the time and found out when I hit the buttons it was flexing key pad a little bit and my contacts in my battery compartment were bending away from keeping connections on battery.The tech guy said bend the contacts a little bit towards battery front and back side both.I hope this helps.Thanks Rob

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might just call RV Lock, they might send you or give you a good deal on a new keypad, or a good deal on the V.4, that doesn't need the separate keypad. Tell them you are on this Forum.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Pretty sure you need to re-pair it to the lock Keith. Is the key fob working (double check for batteries installed correctly in lock).

Last edited:

klindgren

Thanks Gus and Lyle for the suggestion on re-pairing the pad to the lock. We are on the road to Florida right now, so don't want to mess with it, but I try your suggestion tomorrow after we are all set up and settled in.

klindgren

Is this forum GREAT or what??!!!! I got a phone call on New Year's Eve day from the President of RVLocks. Seems Jim Beletti had seen my post in this thread and had passed it on RVLocks. Now, I'm all fixed up. Thanks to Jim and to RVLocks for your help. Kind of tells you what kind of company RVLocks is when the head of the company will call on a holiday and get you set straight. I really like our version 3 lock so didn't want to upgrade to version 4. Now, thanks to a quality company like RVLocks, I don't have to. I will certainly recommend RVLocks to anyone.

AND of course, I don't need to recommend this forum and Jim Beletti to anyone. Anyone who is on the forum regularly know how invaluable both are. Thanks Jim. You are the best!!!

Dennyha

Is this forum GREAT or what??!!!! I got a phone call on New Year's Eve day from the President of RVLocks. Seems Jim Beletti had seen my post in this thread and had passed it on RVLocks. Now, I'm all fixed up. Thanks to Jim and to RVLocks for your help. Kind of tells you what kind of company RVLocks is when the head of the company will call on a holiday and get you set straight. I really like our version 3 lock so didn't want to upgrade to version 4. Now, thanks to a quality company like RVLocks, I don't have to. I will certainly recommend RVLocks to anyone.

AND of course, I don't need to recommend this forum and Jim Beletti to anyone. Anyone who is on the forum regularly know how invaluable both are. Thanks Jim. You are the best!!!
So...what was the fix?

jbeletti

Keith,

I only had to tell Cade who your alter ego is. No one wants to mess that up :)

Seriously though, RVLocks has a great product and has been a great partner with our club - thanks for giving the a chance to make things right with your lock.

klindgren

So...what was the fix?

Cade sent me a replacement key pad. He says the newer version has a better membrane. Not sure about that, all I'm sure of is I'm back to not carrying my keys with me cuz I can lock and unlock the trailer from the key pad. Thanks Again RV Lock (Cade) and Jim.

Bones

the RV lock V3.0 is on sale today only for 99 bucks. Does anyone know if they can match the keys from a V4 lock?