Carpet fraying at slide edge

TxCowboy

When Heartland installed the carpet in our 2015 LM 365 Key West, they trimmed the carpet near the edges of the slide with, most likely, a box cutter. This created a ragged edge that is now starting to separate. The little loops are carpeting are starting to come off.

Is there a way to fix this so that it stops fraying?

Bones

When Heartland installed the carpet in our 2015 LM 365 Key West, they trimmed the carpet near the edges of the slide with, most likely, a box cutter. This created a ragged edge that is now starting to separate. The little loops are carpeting are starting to come off.

Is there a way to fix this so that it stops fraying?
?
Picture The carpet should have been turned in on itself.

TxCowboy

Bones, no pic. Won't be back at the RV until Wednesday. However, take a look at the slides in your GW as your carpet around the slide edges are probably hand-trimmed as well.

Bones

Bones, no pic. Won't be back at the RV until Wednesday. However, take a look at the slides in your GW as your carpet around the slide edges are probably hand-trimmed as well.
I was working on the camper before storage and my edges don't look the best but they are turned in and stapled. The only part I don't like is that a lot of staples don't go in correctly so I find my self digging them back out of the carpet. I'll take a look at the slide edges and see what they look like.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've only been out on five campouts with our Prowler and already I'm seeing some wear spots in the carpet.

Mostly on the steps and the dinette.

I also find lots of the carpet loops on the non-carpeted floor . . .

TxCowboy

John, the loose loops laying around was my first clue there was an issue. That and my lovely DW pointing it out to me... :)