High point Convection Oven

busted2341

Has anyone else seemed to notice the convection oven seems to cook hotter in different places within the oven? The wife tells me the convection oven is cooking hotter in the left rear of the oven and caddy-corner right front which burns some things in those areas of the food. Is this just part of the oven or is this something we need to contact high Point on?

AlwaysOnLiberty

I noticed the same thing when I baked cookies today. The back left and the right front were done a bit more than the others.

Also, if I may, anyone know how to change the inside lightbulb instead of having to go through the warranty and having to deal with the dealer?

BTW, congrats on your Ashland. We have one too! Just took delivery about 2 weeks ago.

jimtoo

I'm not a baker, but does the tray turn while baking? I thought all the convection/micro wave ovens were supposed to rotate while baking.

Jim M

busted2341

I have no idea how to use the thing but the DW loves it. No, there is no rotation when using the oven rack which is used for more rectangular type pans. It will turn when not using otherwise.

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
I just bought some round pizza trays to try as cookie sheets so they will rotate to avoid the hot spots. We will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlwaysOnLiberty

Can you leave the racks in when using the microwave only feature? Or are we supposed to remove them?

- - - Updated - - -

I just bought some round pizza trays to try as cookie sheets so they will rotate to avoid the hot spots. We will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, please let us know

B

BouseBill

Best thing to do with the High Point?? Take it out and throw it away, replaced the original in the BigHorn under warranty, the second one is just as bad. It will be replaced....soon :mad:

TxCowboy

This is exactly what we did and it works great. And, yes to the question about whether the pan should be rotating when using the convection oven. Put the rack on the glass plate used for microwave cooking and remove the metal rack before using the microwave function.

pegmikef

Best thing to do with the High Point?? Take it out and throw it away, replaced the original in the BigHorn under warranty, the second one is just as bad. It will be replaced....soon :mad:

Yep, mine got fried and is now sitting in the recycle center in Carthage, MO. Replaced it with a GE which we love (and the temperature settings actually match the temperatures).

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I have a Whirlpool micro/convection unit in the house in TN which works great and even. It also have where I can turn off the rotating glass while doing convection cooking. Now to the High Pointe - very disappointed. Yes it's says it a convection oven but it looks like only on one side, left rear. Mine came with a round rised stand which I use and it helps but is useless for the long rectangle pans. I have found that glass cooks better than metal pans.

busted2341

Well, after all the complaining from the DW about the High Point Convection/Microwave Oven that was included in our Ashland not cooking properly, I finally bought an oven thermometer to see what temperatures it cooked at.
From day one, she has said the oven did not seem to heat correctly and that cooking seemed to take twice as long as our previous Convection oven. She also kept saying that the back left and front right corners (as you’re looking at the oven) would burn food on those sides. The oven also seemed to smell funny as it cooked, as if something was being burned off on the inside. To this day it continues. I checked all electrical and no wire burned or charred that I can find, it’s just a smell we cannot pinpoint.

Ok. My finding on temperatures;
• Preheat to 350 degrees. When the oven beeped ready, it was actually only 275 degrees
• Preheat to 425 degrees. When the oven beeped ready, it was actually 325 degrees.
• Set temperature to cook at 375, temperature only reached 300 degrees.
• Set temperature to cook at 425, temperature never reaches 350 degrees.

So I can determine that the temperature if off at least 50 degrees all the time. However it will never seem to get to the desired temperature at all. This is not normal.

jbeletti

Frank,

Call Heartland in the morning with your results. Ask them about what your next steps should be.

By the way, I'd say our Highpoint also gives off an odd smell. Always has, but it does cook half way decent.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our convection also overcooks on the left back corner and right front corner. I try not to cook items in the rectangle pans which has to stay in one place. Items that are cooked on the turntable does much better. I haven't tried to check the temperature trick because most of the time, things are cooked pretty good. Now you have interest up. Will have to check it out.

busted2341

Thanx.....I knew we were not immagining the smell...lol...I emailed Ron Scarberry already..Hope to see you down the road soon..

donmogey

We experienced the same thing with our piece of crap High Point. 2016 Landmark 365 Syracuse bot 10-16-16.
I bot a new oven thermometer and double checked that with my digital, remote, double probe BBQ Thermometer. Set oven at 425°, thermometers were 325° & 330° respectively. @ 350° therms were about 275°. The oven butned in the left rear and right front. We are on the road so it took from early December to about 3 wrks ago to get it replaced. The manufacutrer reported to Heartland that my old one worked fine but can run about 25'ish° off.
Did an 8#, 3 bone prime rib yesterday. It was room tp going in. The temp set at, 425°, pre-heated to about 350°. When the roast was cooking, could not get temp above about 310°. Came out delicious, took longer to cook by about 20-25 minutes.
Plus this cheap piece of junk does not allow turning
off turn table, sensor cook or warming cycle.
With the turntable always moving, you are very limited as to what you can cook due to height and size limitations.
Heartland should be ashamed they put this junk in an expensive RV. Maybe its a brother-in-law deal.
My neighbor,in this RV park in Indio, also from Eugene area, has a 2016 Mobile Suites 40', with a whirlpool conv/micro. Way better than Heartlands product.
We are shopping now but will buy when we don't have to pay Cali sales tax back home.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My 2010 Landmark has an Amana micro/convection that is super. We use the heck out of it. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk