inverter CSW1012

boats

I have a 2016 big horn FL3750. the inverter has a telephone cord going somewhere, I am assuming to a remote read out. I cannot find where it is. anybody know where or what this is? thanks

danemayer

Hi boats,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum. I'm assuming you have a residential refrigerator and you're asking about the inverter that supplies power to the fridge when running on batteries. There should be a remote switch/indicator light located in your main control panel in the coach. Here's a picture of one from a Landmark 365.

Ignore the Power Control System on the right side. You don't have that.

Attachments

• Control Panel Inverter Remote Switch.jpg
    Control Panel Inverter Remote Switch.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 59
Hi Dan,
We just picked up our 2016 BH 3270RS which is equipped with a residential refrigerator as well. I too have the switch that you show in your photo - thanks. I'm assuming you need to manually turn the inverter on after you've disconnected from shore power? I assumed it would be an automatic switch-over. Unfortunately, the dealer knew less than I did when we were going through the trailer on delivery.

From reading other threads in the forum, I was under the impression that if you ordered the residential refrigerator option, it would come with two 1000W pure sine inverters - one dedicated solely for the refrigerator. Mine only has the one... I know there was a 'firmware update' recently on the inverters. Did that take care of the overloading issue when the refrigerator cycled so a 2nd dedicated inverter is no longer needed?

I'm getting ready to install a solar system in the next couple of weeks and I plan to change from the two 12V house batteries to four 6V golf cart batteries at the same time. If the inverter is under-sized, I may need to look into upgrading to a 2000W unit. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

danemayer

Hi roadpossum,

In normal operation, if the inverter is ON, it will stay ON until you 1) turn it OFF, 2) turn off the battery cutoff switch that provides power to the inverter, or 3) run down the batteries. Once it's OFF, you need to turn it back ON manually.

I don't think Heartland has any models that ship with a general purpose inverter to convert battery power to 120V AC. The only inverter is the one used with the Residential Refrigerator. The output of that inverter goes to an automatic transfer switch that supplies power to the refrigerator. One input to the transfer switch is from the inverter. The other is from the circuit breaker panel. If shore power is available, the transfer switch routes that to the frig. When shore power is removed, it routes inverter output to the frig - assuming the inverter is ON.

The firmware fix that was applied was done quite some time ago to deal with a compressor change in the Frigidaire residential refrigerators.

We have a Residential Refrigerator Guide that fills in the blanks on a lot of this and includes a block diagram of the power. Here's a link.