Torque 325 rear porch

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if I can but the cables and the brackets to hold the rear door in the level position to create the patio area. Thanks

avvidclif

Do a search. I think the issue about converting a ramp to a patio has come up before and the factory answered the ramps were different for the patio versions. Couldn't be converted.

MurrayN.

[h=2]Re: rear patio (Earlier post by AJJONES)[/h]
We sell the Patio option as a complete kit for a couple different reasons. The first and most important is the outer perimeter framing of the ramp door is box tube thicker gage steel. The standard ramp door frame isn't near as strong as the one that is included with the ramp door patio kit. Because of that and you have the cables pulling on the framing with a lot of force you risk the chance of bending the ramp door framing which would then in turn not allow your ramp door seal properly while in the closed position. We also include more pinch free springs to accommodate for the additional weight in the ramp door. The ramp door patio kit also has a layer of metal that is added during the lamination process to prevent furniture from poking holes into the ramp door. The railing kit is code and we must have something there for a guard railing. Some new features that have recently been added are the new rear electric awning that covers your patio area. We also have the ALL NEW exclusive 3 - season wall. This takes the place of the pull down screen in the ramp door patio kit. It is a see through wall that works like a giant patio door. It actually slides open in the middle so that you can walk out to your patio and then seal off the garage without putting up your ramp door. When it is time to load your toys the entire wall is hinged on the out side edges and allows you to open from the middle the wall like a "Barn Door", another heartland first that can not be shopped.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen this reply myself. But if AJJONES says it then it must be true. I can't understand how a couple of people on patio chairs are going to weigh more than a full touring motorcycle with a rider (1000 lbs) on it that is driving over the same ramp. Are the non-patio ramps up to the job then? I have a Torque 321 on order right now without the patio ramp option because we do not boon-dock and the resort that we stay in have cabanas on every site so I have no need to use the back patio. Just my thoughts.

avvidclif

It probably has to do with where the load is. When loading a mtc both ends are fully supported so the support is front to back. A patio also has weight from side to side, concentrated on a large hinge and 2 points, one on each side. Totally different loading. Think of a 4' wide loading ramp put the ground end on blocks at the corners and off the ground. Try riding a mtc up that and it will buckle in the middle.

crors7

[h=2]Re: rear patio (Earlier post by AJJONES)[/h]
We sell the Patio option as a complete kit for a couple different reasons. The first and most important is the outer perimeter framing of the ramp door is box tube thicker gage steel. The standard ramp door frame isn't near as strong as the one that is included with the ramp door patio kit. Because of that and you have the cables pulling on the framing with a lot of force you risk the chance of bending the ramp door framing which would then in turn not allow your ramp door seal properly while in the closed position. We also include more pinch free springs to accommodate for the additional weight in the ramp door. The ramp door patio kit also has a layer of metal that is added during the lamination process to prevent furniture from poking holes into the ramp door. The railing kit is code and we must have something there for a guard railing. Some new features that have recently been added are the new rear electric awning that covers your patio area. We also have the ALL NEW exclusive 3 - season wall. This takes the place of the pull down screen in the ramp door patio kit. It is a see through wall that works like a giant patio door. It actually slides open in the middle so that you can walk out to your patio and then seal off the garage without putting up your ramp door. When it is time to load your toys the entire wall is hinged on the out side edges and allows you to open from the middle the wall like a "Barn Door", another heartland first that can not be shopped.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen this reply myself. But if AJJONES says it then it must be true. I can't understand how a couple of people on patio chairs are going to weigh more than a full touring motorcycle with a rider (1000 lbs) on it that is driving over the same ramp. Are the non-patio ramps up to the job then? I have a Torque 321 on order right now without the patio ramp option because we do not boon-dock and the resort that we stay in have cabanas on every site so I have no need to use the back patio. Just my thoughts.
Where can I find more info on the 3 seasons wall, just bought a 2017 TQ325 with the patio system, the stupid rool screen doesn't even work right and has to be fixed, have had a heck of a time trying to find out about the 3 seasons wall.