Camco Blue Water Filters

Birchwood

The kind you purchase at Wal Mart in a 2 pack for $25.Returning my second 2 pack today making a total of 4 filters that plug reducing the flow by at least 50%.Been using these for years with no problem with a filter lasting for up to 3 months .I have noticed the filters casing has changed slightly in the last few months so perhaps the inside has changed also.Has anyone else experienced this?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The kind you purchase at Wal Mart in a 2 pack for $25.Returning my second 2 pack today making a total of 4 filters that plug reducing the flow by at least 50%.Been using these for years with no problem with a filter lasting for up to 3 months .I have noticed the filters casing has changed slightly in the last few months so perhaps the inside has changed also.Has anyone else experienced this?

I have one too and haven't used it much as every time I hook it up I have to same problem to you have . . . hardly any water pressure!

Will be looking into a better water filter for the coming camping season . . .

Any ideas?

busted2341

I have used those for years with no problems. As matter of fact I let them go for at least 6months before I change them out. Is that to long? We have the fridge. Filteres and the main line coming in filtered as well. That filter is the first filter in line.

pegmikef

I use the same ones and just changed it out for a newly purchased one from Walmart and have had no problems.

Birchwood

We have also been using these filters for 6 years full time with no problem.I think these filters may be new and improved for the manufacturers profit.

rxbristol

I've noticed that some of the Camco filters are 100 microns while others are 5 microns. That would make a difference in water flow.

rxbristol

I'm assuming the 100 micro have better flow?

Yes, but filters less. Currently, I'm using a whole house 5 micron filter, then, for drinking water, an under-sink carbon 1 micron followed by a ceramic filter. That way I have good flow to the whole RV and good safe drinking water.

TxCowboy

Thanks, just wondering. I'm looking to replace the factory-installed filter in the next month or so and want to get a good filter.

yport

I stopped using the Walmart blue filters last year. They not only quickly limited water flow/pressure but they really did not filter out all I would like to see them filter. We even had to stop using that water for our dog (German Shepherd) as the water frequently gave our dog the runs, and we would see unsightly scum on floating on top of our tea/coffee. With advice from some fellow RVers, we switched to a double canister system where you can pick the filters you want to use ... or you could even go to the 3 canister filter. Here is what we got ... https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/images/Cannister Dual.jpg .... and are the dual canister choices. SOOO easily to quick connect too ... no more runs from the dog no matter what campground water we use ... no more scum floating on top our our hot beverages.

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/WCStandardCanisters.htm#popularsystem

One of my filters suggests change out ever 3 months .... the other every year.

Wife even started using sink water again to drink and says it definitely tastes better.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We use a single 5 micron taste and odor whole house canister.
6180c9affe326c21eb40dd36e78a339f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birchwood

My wife will drink only commercially filtered water so I am only interested in sediment reduction with a filter that allows good flow and water pressure for a period of at least 3 months .After 4 failures with the Camco blue filters we have moved on to a new brand.Buyer beware!

dlw930

windviewer

just to be clear, are the filters being discussed the camco p/n 40620 cartridges (5 micron) that go in the 40630 filter or the inline filters p/n 40013 inline filters (100 micron) ?

Birchwood

just to be clear, are the filters being discussed the camco p/n 40620 cartridges (5 micron) that go in the 40630 filter or the inline filters p/n 40013 inline filters (100 micron) ?
The one I have been complaining about is the in line 100 micron model.Someone recommended the Systems lV disposable filter that is guaranteed for a year and I am keeping my receipt in a safe place.

rxbristol

I stopped using the Walmart blue filters last year. They not only quickly limited water flow/pressure but they really did not filter out all I would like to see them filter. We even had to stop using that water for our dog (German Shepherd) as the water frequently gave our dog the runs, and we would see unsightly scum on floating on top of our tea/coffee. With advice from some fellow RVers, we switched to a double canister system where you can pick the filters you want to use ... or you could even go to the 3 canister filter. Here is what we got ... https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/images/Cannister Dual.jpg .... and are the dual canister choices. SOOO easily to quick connect too ... no more runs from the dog no matter what campground water we use ... no more scum floating on top our our hot beverages.

Wife even started using sink water again to drink and says it definitely tastes better.

+1...

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

X-3 on the rvwaterfilterstore.com

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If I get the Prowler back from the dealership this week (keeping fingers crossed) I'll check to see which blue Camco filter it is.

I know it is the blue one that cost around $25 bucks!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have 2 filters in-line. Bought the house type from HD and buy the filters there. Never had a pressure problem with either. One is 5 microns and the other is 100 microns. I stay away from Camco stuff as much as possible. JMHO