New style of Heartland Highlights Newsletter and New Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

For 2016 and going forward, the Club Headquarters newsletter called Heartland Highlights will take on a new style and be stored in a new location.

The new location will be the new club platform at: www.heartlandowners.org/club

Here's a more specific link (All Articles from the menu) to just Heartland Highlights content.

The new style will be that of an article stream rather than a separate PDF that includes all articles. Each article will be categorized. The Heartland Highlights Newsletter menu is merely a list of categories with each being clickable.

Clicking the All Articles menu item will display all newsletter articles from all categories.

While it will grow over time - as more article categories are added, here's what the menu looks like as of 3-Jan-2016:

HEARTLAND HIGHLIGHTS NEWSLETTER

Very little new content has yet to be created and added. We have merely republished a few of the 2015-Q3 articles to get a sense of how they would look on this new platform.

There is no plan to notify club members each time a new Heartland Highlights Newsletter article is published. The reason being that we've gotten a bit of pushback from some members about getting notifications from the forum each time a newsletter was posted there and each time a comment about the newsletter was posted.

Please use this thread to give feedback on the type of articles you'd like to see in Heartland Highlights.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great, Jim! This looks like a good solution that will transition from a page-layout design-intensive PDF format to an easily accessible, user-friendly, searchable online format.

jbeletti

Great, Jim! This looks like a good solution that will transition from a page-layout design-intensive PDF format to an easily accessible, user-friendly, searchable online format.

Thank you Erika. I making this up as I go :) As the product develops, feel free to call or email me with any ideas you have to make it more relevant and accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.