SOLVED: VIN Issue (Invalid VIN)

Aandaar

Hello

I am trying to join the owners club, but it keeps telling me that my VIN is invalid. I have checked it and it matches what is on all my paperwork. Where is the VIN located on the actual trailer? I want to check to make sure my paperwork is correct.

Thanks for the assist.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Re: VIN Issue (Invalid VIN)

There is a yellow sticker on the storage door on the off door side of the trailer.

If you email me directly with your VIN and Model year and Brand name (2016 Bighorn) I can help you.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

There should be a tag on the off-door side showing the VIN. It may be located where you see the small tag above my head. There may also be another tag inside one of the kitchen cabinets.

Bogie

The VIN should be on the same sticker that gives the GVWR etc. Mine is on the front left side. You will probably find the tire rating sticker in the same place.

Be sure to note the difference between "zero" and "O". Also between "1" and "I". Even a "B" can look like an "8".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aandaar

There is a yellow sticker on the storage door on the off door side of the trailer.

If you email me directly with your VIN and Model year and Brand name (2016 Bighorn) I can help you.

Julie I sent you the info you requested.

Aandaar

WOOOT, this issue has now been corrected, and my application is complete!!!!!!!

Aandaar

I'm curious what the problem was.

So I was using the VIN number that was on all my paperwork. Come to find out the dealer fat fingered the a few numbers in the VIN. I found this out when I bounced all the paperwork against the trailer. Then we contacted Heartland and confirmed the correct VIN, Good VIN entered no more Issues.

Bogie

Since the dealer typo-ed on the paperwork........If you haven't already done so, you might want to check that the correct VIN is on your DMV registration/title certificate. That could cause a BIG problem in the future.

Aandaar

Since the dealer typo-ed on the paperwork........If you haven't already done so, you might want to check that the correct VIN is on your DMV registration/title certificate. That could cause a BIG problem in the future.

You are most correct. As soon as I figured it out we contacted the Dealer and they resubmitted all the DMV paperwork. Got the plate and registration yesterday and the correct VIN is on it.