Fantastic Fan won't start

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We had our vent running and it has quit. I checked the fuse and seems OK. The thermostat stills seems to click when turned up but fan won't start. Works manually, I suspect the thermostat but not sure any ideas. Whe I take the fuse out and insert it, the motor gives a hint of starting but doesn't..../Doug

pickuphunt

Fantastic Fan

We too had a problem with our fan while in Texas last winter. i took the control off the wall, manually connected the wires and fan worked fine. I had to have the control (on the wall ) replaced. The fan company sent a new one.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Doug
Fantastic fans have a lifetime warrenty. At the Good Sam rally in Redmond Org. Fantastic fan tech came to the 3055 and fixed it at no charge. Replaced thermostsat then found a wire that was lose inside the fan. Had him install a 2 way switch, which did cost us $10.
Rand

Shadowchek

I had the same problem. It was my thermostat. If you hook the wires togrther and it works then it is the thermostat. Here is what I did. I took the thermostat off of the wall disconected the wires. When you slide the controll to off you will notice that the plastic slide controll goes in between a contact point. This is where my problem was. When I slid it to the right it would not reconnect. The top part of that connectoris held on by a rivet I put a punch on the front and rear of the rivet and gave it a couple of whacks with a hammer and wallah. I put it back together and works great.You could just get a new thermostat though.

Niles

Glad I'm not the only one that finds punches and hammers are for fine tuning. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.