------------------------------
  • Rifle Gap State park
  • 5775 Highway 325
  • Rifle, CO 81650
  • 970-625-1607
  • Pets ok?: Yes

Details:
  • Register by end of day 6/9/2016 (on-line)
  • Potluck: No

Additional Info:
Rifle Gap State park is about 13 miles north of the town of Rifle, CO, off of I-70, western Colorado. It is about a 5 hour drive (pulling a rig) from the Denver-metro area. Fishing, boating, hiking & site-seeing are available in the park. Rifle Falls is a short drive down the road.
The campground loop that has full hookups with 50 Amps is "Lakeview Loop"; some sites are pull-thru and some are back-in.
Reservations should be made as soon as possible especially if you plan on staying over the weekend.
Cell phone service in the park is "iffy"...depending on which way the wind is blowing lol

Attendees:

Monica/Don Wed 6/15-Tues 6/21 site #27
Linda/Gregg Wed 6/15-Mon 6/20 site 28
Vicki/Michael Fri 6/10-Wed 6/15 site #32
Kathy/David Thu 6/16-Tue 6/21
Sue/Derald (NM) Wed 6/15-Tue6/21 site#29
Kathy/Chuck Mon 6/13-Sat 6/18 site #26
Brian /Jan Wed 6/15 Site 25

Last edited:

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We will be coming in on the 15th and leaving on the 20th. Looking forward to going there again as it is a great campground and location.

chuckathy

We will be attending from June 13-18 and will be in Site 26. We are new to the group and look forward to meeting everyone.

Chuck and Kathy Camp

StarryNight

Just checked availability...weekends are booked if you want hookups of any kind. Weekdays are available.
I also checked fishing updates...many will be starting their spawn time so it should be good for several species:)
We are looking forward to the camp-out.
Two weeks and counting!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Wish we could make this one as we really had a great time at the last Rally there!

Rifle Gap is an awesome place to visit.

We have out-of-town visitors coming that same week so can't get away.

StarryNight

I'm seriously considering making some Dutch oven monkey bread for dessert one night...when we are all sitting around the campfire:cool:

Monica

gwalter

That sounds good! We are looking forward to this trip. Right now the pickup is in the shop getting a new u-joint and one of the rear hub seals replaced. It started acting up on our way back from camping in NE last week. Luckily we made it home safely. We will see everyone next week.

StarryNight

Gregg & Linda,
Glad to hear you made it home safe!
On this trip we will be testing out the new "air bags" Don put on this past week.

See you next week :)

brianlajoie

I don't know how this got past us, but we'll be there. Site # 25. We'll be there on the 15th. Been workin on the trailer... :\

gwalter

That is great to hear Brian. We were hoping to run into you guys sometime this summer. See you Wednesday.

JohnD

Wish we could make this one . . . but just not in the cards for us this year!

But we will be at the Royal Gorge over the July 4th. weekend if anyone is in the area.

StarryNight

I think we are just about ready to leave tomorrow...of course there is always the last minute stuff that will need to be "packed" in the morning.
Glad to see Brian & Jan will also be there :)
Looking forward to this camp-out...it looks like we won't be escaping the heat of the plains but it will be relaxing:)

JohnD

Soooooooooo . . . how did the campout at Rifle Gap go?

It has been pretty quiet since you guyz were there . . .

gwalter

We had a nice relaxing time. The area is very green and the lake was full this time around. We took a couple of day trips, the first to Grand Mesa and another day to Colorado National Monument. I was taking quite a few pictures with the new camera trying to get to know all about it. Monica fixed some dutch oven treats for us and of course we ate too much.

JohnD

We had a nice relaxing time. The area is very green and the lake was full this time around. We took a couple of day trips, the first to Grand Mesa and another day to Colorado National Monument. I was taking quite a few pictures with the new camera trying to get to know all about it. Monica fixed some dutch oven treats for us and of course we ate too much.

Cool!

Hey . . . we'll be down at the Echo Canyon Campground (Site #28) on Hwy 50 at the Royal Gorge this weekend . . .

Stop in or give me a call if you are in the area!

We aren't planning on any day drives and will probably just be staying at the campground the whole weekend!

gwalter

We are staying home over the 4th. We are headed to Buena Vista on the 7th with our daughter/husband/and 1 1/2 yr old. It will be his first camping trip, so could be interesting! Enjoy your weekend.

JohnD

We are staying home over the 4th. We are headed to Buena Vista on the 7th with our daughter/husband/and 1 1/2 yr old. It will be his first camping trip, so could be interesting! Enjoy your weekend.

You guyz have fun, too!

Can't wait to meet up in Mountaindale . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.