• 257 Rogers Gap Road
  • Georgetown, KY
  • 502-863-2552
  • WiFi available:
  • WiFi Fee: $

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • ite fee: $$35-$45 (Cable and/or 50 amps) per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee:
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 9/17/2016
  • Potluck time: 6pm

• Event Leader: krhyde(click to contact)

Additional Info:
After visiting several RV Parks in the Eastern part of Kentucky, we decided to return to Whispering Hills RV Park in the beautiful horse country of Georgetown, Kentucky. We will be working on activities for the Rally in the weeks ahead but I wanted to let everyone know about the location and dates so you can make your plans. When you call for reservations, please tell them you are with Heartland Owner's Club. They will take a credit card number to hold your reservation, but if you need to cancel, and you do so before September 1, there will be NO charge. Looking forward a fun filled time of food, fun and fellowship on September 16-18, 2016 in Georgetown, KY. See you there. Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: KY, Corbin - 9/16/2016 to 9/18/2016

What a beautiful location :). I love this part of Kentucky with all the National and State parks right at your fingertips. One of our favorite place is near Stearns KY (Big South Fork NP) is the Blue Heron Mining Community area of the park which shows how coal mining was so important in our history and how it shaped our country.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders

Looks like an awesome venue Ken. Melinda and I are looking forward to attending.

Last edited by a moderator:

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired

Nice to hear from you guys. I hope to be able to firm up a site for our Rally within the next few days. I visited the Corbin area twice but still have not been able to contact the folks that I need to contact. I'll keep trying and post the details as soon as I know them. See you in September. Ken

krhyde

Changed location for kentucky rally. Please take note and make your reservations today. Ken

Nabo

Noted of the change of location. Maybe this time Nathan & I can make it to the Toyota plant tour.

Rodbuster

Well, let's get this rally started. Fran and I signed up today.

We are arriving on Monday, Sept.12th and we will be on site #4.
Haven't been to a rally in a while...really looking forward to it.

Dick

MCTalley

I'll need to call them yet, but we'll be there. I'll even try to stay out of the hospital this time.

Also, funny side note, whenever I call to make reservations there for a stay, they still show me as being with the Heartland group.

krhyde

I'll need to call them yet, but we'll be there. I'll even try to stay out of the hospital this time.

Also, funny side note, whenever I call to make reservations there for a stay, they still show me as being with the Heartland group.

Glad to hear you will be there. See you in September.

krhyde

John and Melinda will arrive 9/14 and depart 9/18. Site 6.

That's great. We will have a great time. Neil and Leslie Behm will be helping with the Rally and we will plan a fun and entertaining time. See you there.

Great!! We have it on our calendar and will call tomorrow to book a site. It's a whole 15 miles from home!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MCTalley

For those interested in horse racing, and in particular the triple crown record holder Secretariat, the annual Secretariat festival is being held the same weekend as the rally. It is in Paris, KY, which is only 17 miles east of Georgetown on US 460. Their website [LINK] hasn't been updated for this year's date yet, but their Facebook page [LINK] has already posted this year's dates.

Last year Secretariat's owner Penny Chenery and his groom Eddy Sweat were in attendance. Jockey Ron Turcotte was unfortunately under the weather and couldn't attend. Not sure if any or all of those folks may be there this year or not.

We have a good friend with a miniature horse named Patrick [Facebook page link] [Blog link] who is the official mascot of the festival for eight years running now. Looks like a really fun time, with lots of different events spread over Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

krhyde

I have sold my RV. I talked with Dave and resigned as Chapter Leader. In consultation with Dave, we have decided to CANCEL the KY Rally this year. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes anyone. Thanks for all the memories, I'll miss you all. Ken

davebennington

ken,

All the Heartland folks in the Southeast Region will miss you and Faye, please stay in touch.

dave

Last edited:

krhyde

I have contacted the campground and informed them about the Rally being cancelled, but if you made a reservation, you need to call them and cancel your reservation. They want let me cancel it for you. Again, sorry for any inconvenience. Ken

MCTalley

We'll miss seeing you, Ken and Faye. Thanks for your service as KY chapter leaders.

We're going to go ahead to KY anyway, but have moved our reservations over to the Kentucky Horse Park campground. If anyone else is interested in following suit, we could possibly still make it a campout.

Nabo

Sorry to hear that You and Faye have sold your Key Largo and are moving on to new adventures. Good luck in your ventures of finding lake front property. It has been a honor and a Blessing knowing and working with you two. Nathan and I would love to keep in touch and see your new home when you find/settle down.

GETnBYE

Congratulations on your new adventures. You will be greatly missed at rallies. Please keep in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.