Stackable w/d which is best?

golfrichv

We are going to take delivery on our 2016 Bighorn 3750 FL at the end of the month. We are trying to decide on what is the best stackable washer and dryer to put in. We currently have a Splendide combo w/d it's been Ok but had to replace the mother board already. My wife now wants a "stackable". I hear Pinnacle is real good love to hear from fellow RV'ers on this and all recommendations.

TxCowboy

We had the Whirlpools installed in our Key West. We haven't used them a lot but they seem to work well. Manage your load size, smaller is probably better. Get the dryer that vents outside the RV.

If you don't already have one, install a drain pan that drains outside the coroplast liner. Also, ensure that you can reach the water shutoff valves, which may mean that you run some extra hose length and have the installer put in water cutoff values that you can reach them.

We failed to do this and, while we haven't yet had a problem, it haunts me that I didn't demand these two safety measures when the dealer installed the w/d. If one of the washing machine water hoses springs a leak, I'll have to shut off water to the entire RV until I can remove the dryer (which is on top) to get access to the water lines.

rxbristol

Splendide...the best. We had this brand in the last rig with no problems. We have it in this one also and my wife washes everything that doesn't move. The washer and dryer are used almost everyday...excellent brand.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have the Whirlpool stackables, installed them ourselves with a lot of help from a friend. Put in the spill pan and made sure we could get to the cutoff valves. We love them. Carry a lot less clothes with us now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travlingman

We have Whirlpool and next rig will have Splendide. Had an issue with our washer while under warranty and Whirlpool would not authorize service since it was in an RV. Told me I would have to remove and have hooked up outside of rig to have service provided. Told me that in the warranty it states they don't have to authorize work if unit is in a closet. I finally had washer pulled out of rig and had to pay for service visit and repairman said the washer was running like it should(sever vibration in spin cycles is normal). Like having a washer/dryer in rig, just not the Whirlpool.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the Pinnacle combo. It replaced Majectic stackables. The combo does an alright job but the stackable seems to work better. The Splendid is the RV Standard and everyone we have talked to loves them.

twohappycampers

We installed a 24 inch Miele Novotronics front loader and a GE "Stackable" dryer sitting on top Love! Love! Love! the washer. We've had it over a year now and it beats the GE washer we had before all to heck. Miele has a great reputation for quality products that last and require little service. Many more bucks than the other brands, but we decided to do what we could to save running into problems again. I'd sooner go across to the Laundromat than go through that again. Happy to answer any questions. Now, I'm off to do a load. :) Have a good day!

mlpeloquin

Installed a Splendide combo with external vent. I went to Lowe's and purchased a single handle valve along with shark bite PEX pipe connections. An easy install. I used a drain pan with a garden hose routed behind the wall. I removed the access panel, drilled a hole at the bottom left for the hose. Routed the hose around the back and side. I had to remove the chase under the window. It is carpeted and mounted with four screws. You can find them with a magnet. Removed the bottom drawer of the bedroom dresser. Carefully measured inside and out where the hole for the hose would go. Mine goes through where the LP tank is on the passenger side. Used two cable clamps to support the hose. To prevent bug access, I covered the end of the hose with metal screen and secured it with Gorilla tape. Use your thumb to form the screen for the hose. The hose is a tight fit, but I still sealed around the hose with RTV silicone. Make sure the hose does not go up hill. It took about 2.5 house to mount the drain pan and hose. For the new valve, I had to open up the opening about another quarter inch. I used a key hole saw. Work slowly and it will come out nice. This took another 40 minutes.

Last edited:

TxCowboy

We have Whirlpool and next rig will have Splendide. Had an issue with our washer while under warranty and Whirlpool would not authorize service since it was in an RV. Told me I would have to remove and have hooked up outside of rig to have service provided. Told me that in the warranty it states they don't have to authorize work if unit is in a closet. I finally had washer pulled out of rig and had to pay for service visit and repairman said the washer was running like it should(sever vibration in spin cycles is normal). Like having a washer/dryer in rig, just not the Whirlpool.

This type of response from Whirlpool or any other vendor selling products to RV manufacturers would make me angry as ****.

Travlingman, send an email to Andy, the Landmark manager at Heartland. He needs to hear your story about this situation.

danemayer

This type of response from Whirlpool or any other vendor selling products to RV manufacturers would make me angry as ****.

Travlingman, send an email to Andy, the Landmark manager at Heartland. He needs to hear your story about this situation.

This is about Whirlpool - Heartland has installed Splendide - and I think is now turning washer/dryer sales and install over to dealers - so why tell Andy about Whirlpool?

TxCowboy

Dan, are you absolutely sure Splendide is the only brand of washer and dryer being installed in Heartland products?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Heartland does not install washers and dryers.
A dealer can install anything into a Heartland product.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Dan, are you absolutely sure Splendide is the only brand of washer and dryer being installed in Heartland products?
The Splendide stackables were the only ones I'm aware of. Of course other brands get installed all the time by dealers and by owners.

travlingman

The Whirlpools were installed by dealer, not Heartland. I hate to hear that Heartland isn't installing washer/dryers at the factory. That is a big negative for us as I will never have a dealer install one again, it will have to be from factory for me. I have learned my lesson and all of my options will be factory installed, washer/dryers, toppers, etc. Never again by a dealer.

kowAlski631

Our dealer did a great job installing our Splendides. We told them exactly what we wanted and they fulfilled. Great job by McGeorge's.

h53driver

Hi All,

New to the site. Just purchased a very well maintained 3450TS (don't quite have yet, or I'd take the measurements myself!), and will need to install a stackable washer dryer in it. The Splendides that everyone is talking about, whether it's the combo washer/dryer or the stand-alone units (2100 series?) are about 23" deep and 22" width.

Can anyone tell me what the maximum size (depth/width) units will fit in my unit? Are there other alternatives to Whirlpool (don't want that warranty nightmare)?

Thanks, and if I missed this information posted elsewhere, my apologies.

danemayer

Hi All,

New to the site. Just purchased a very well maintained 3450TS (don't quite have yet, or I'd take the measurements myself!), and will need to install a stackable washer dryer in it. The Splendides that everyone is talking about, whether it's the combo washer/dryer or the stand-alone units (2100 series?) are about 23" deep and 22" width.

Can anyone tell me what the maximum size (depth/width) units will fit in my unit? Are there other alternatives to Whirlpool (don't want that warranty nightmare)?

Thanks, and if I missed this information posted elsewhere, my apologies.

Hi h53driver,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Big Country and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There are a lot of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get some answers shortly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

New to the site. The Splendides that everyone is talking about, whether it's the combo washer/dryer or the stand-alone units (2100 series?) are about 23" deep and 22" width.

Well, your dimensions are off a bit. The Splendide is 23.5 wide and 22.75 deep.
I have a Bighorn 3585 which has the same floor plan as the BC 3450. Same W/D closet.
Get the Splendide.

Peace
Dave

h53driver

Thanks for the correction, cookie...

I have narrowed it to the Splendide separates, and stack them, but will do the vented dryer model, after reading a ton of posts.

Great resource, this Board!