Propane tank storage...

badog62

I just took possession of my Oakmont by Heartland and there are two large propane tanks forward of the pass thru storage. Why are these not under lock and key? Is it by design? A safety feature? It has a locking system inside the bay, but not on the door itself.
thanks for any replies.

danemayer

Code requirement. If there's a propane leak or other problem at the tank, it needs to be accessible.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a spare (full) propane tank taken from our site in a park, it was sitting right by our front landing gear. Didn't think we needed to lock it up.

I think it was a crime of convenience... our neighbor we'd had for about a month was hooking up to leave at the same time I left to go somewhere. (Tony was also gone). The neighbor looked at me as I was walking to my car, and so I waved. (He and I have never spoken.) Well, about a day later we realized the tank was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yes . . . it is a safety issue for why the propane cabinet is not locked.

However, I have my tanks cable locked to the trailer inside of the cabinet.

Diamondjim

It's a shame we have to be concerned about "bolting everything down", but it is the times we live in for sure.

Somewhere along the line I discovered that locks are just for honest people. (to keep them honest) If someone wishes to steal what you have, it will happen. Sad state of affairs.

Carry on.

Bones

All you are removing is the opportunity crook, and making it slightly difficult and unappealing to a crook. Most of the time they will move on