Adding some deco on the walls...pics

GETnBYE

I never put anything on the walls of our last rv. Going to try to get brave and decorate this one. Its not much, but it's a start.20160107_180318-1.jpg 20160107_180355.jpg 20160107_180431.jpg20160107_175452.jpg covering for the stove cut out on countertop.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Looks great and I like the idea of covering the stove sections of the counter.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have a number of family portraits and several framed needle point and decorations permanently on our walls. We do not remove them on travel days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Very nice. Blank wall space in the BH or at home is "raw meat" to my wife, so she has decorations for all the space . . . some of it is seasonal. I think the decorations are a nice personal touch and kind of differentiates similar model rigs from each other.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I found a few vintage style postcards that were mounted to a wood backing. So, now we try to collect similar when we travel, and if they don't have the wood backing I put them on balsa wood and distress the wood to look similar. Postcards are small enough not to overpower the small spaces. :)

Here's a composite pic:

Postcards.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have a photo that I had a custom frame made for that we want to hang in the Prowler, but I haven't figured out how to do that without drilling holes in the frame . . .

Any ideas :confused:

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
John,
Is there glass covering the photo? I hang items using the "Command" strips. I use both the smaller ones (1/2 pound) and the larger ones (they hold items that are 5lbs.).
The strips work well, and I've never had one fall off...but I wouldn't hang anything that has glass...just wouldn't want to have the mess in case one ever did let go!!
It is important to clean the wall thoroughly as per the directions.

JohnD

John,
Is there glass covering the photo? I hang items using the "Command" strips. I use both the smaller ones (1/2 pound) and the larger ones (they hold items that are 5lbs.).
The strips work well, and I've never had one fall off...but I wouldn't hang anything that has glass...just wouldn't want to have the mess in case one ever did let go!!
It is important to clean the wall thoroughly as per the directions.

It does have glass in the frame.

We used the command strips in our old Trail Runner, but for some reason they don't stick to the walls of the Prowler.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have a photo that I had a custom frame made for that we want to hang in the Prowler, but I haven't figured out how to do that without drilling holes in the frame . . .

Any ideas :confused:

I have done both, small screws through the frame and double sided velcro. The key is to eliminate any movement, bouncing or swinging. I replaced any glass in frames with plexiglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Well, Cathy doesn't want holes drilled into the custom frame (was quite expensive), so I guess the answer will be to put a hook in the wall and hang it when we are at the camping destination and take it down when rolling.

I've thought about using velcro, but I just don't trust it enough.

Wait a minute . . . duct tape . . . it holds anything . . . right :confused: :p

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
If you want to add some decoration without putting holes, etc., in the walls...get some of the cling on art/sayings...they work great and can be pulled right off and moved to another location any time you want.

I have them on my island and the curved wall going up the steps...also some in the bath and bedroom...

Attachments

• 12419012_1036263653093175_8533632910101479707_o.jpg
    12419012_1036263653093175_8533632910101479707_o.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 130
  • 12401741_1036262613093279_6041331298518843192_o.jpg
    12401741_1036262613093279_6041331298518843192_o.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 121

TxCowboy

Gotta give Command Strips a plug. We've added a few pictures and momentos to the hallway walls and Command Strips does a great job.

Also, DW and I were discussing hanging some family pictures. Discovered some very nice digital, high resolution picture frames in the $35 to $55 price range on Amazon. We really like the one that has the motion detector -- it turns off if no one is in the room but turns on when you walk by. Holds a ton of pictures which are loaded to the device via USB, SD/SDHC card, and from your smart phone via a 10mm connection. Oh, and IIRC, the frame is rechargeable though a USB connection so there's no changing batteries.

HTH