Another Uninvited Guest

JanAndBill

Anyone have a solution besides vacuuming for another irritating pest - the Asian Beetle? We have been fighting and ongoing battle with these things for over a year. We tried sprays, sticky traps, etc. Nothing seems to stop them. Every time the the temperature goes up, they come out.

VKTalley

Anyone have a solution besides vacuuming for another irritating pest - the Asian Beetle? We have been fighting and ongoing battle with these things for over a year. We tried sprays, sticky traps, etc. Nothing seems to stop them. Every time the the temperature goes up, they come out.

Bill, vacuuming the Asian Ladybugs is the only way to get rid of them. They are "immune" to everything else. We have been battling them too. We just leave the vacuum cleaner out, ready to use.

jimtoo

They look like they are really tough beetles. I looked at this site and it surprised me as to how tough they must be.

Good Luck...

Jim M

I did move thread also.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
15 or so years ago when they first became a problem around here the first thing I did was pull out the vacuum.
I found that to be a mistake as the vacuum exhaust stunk from the bug juice.
What I now use is a strip of Noshua Duct Tape and just dab them up.
When the tape is full just fold it it in half, dispose of it and tear off a new strip.

Peace
Dave

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I have used one of those lint removing sticky rolls. Works fine, but do not put too much pressure as the smashed bugs smell. Good luck.

JanAndBill

The built in vacuum works, but you no sooner get rid of a few then there are mote to take their place. I'don't like to dispose of them permanently. Anyone used the pesticide foggers? I've got a residual spray that I'm going to use between the inner and outer sealspace on the slides when we get back, but these critters like to hide. Thinking the fogger may get to them

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

Ditto on the vacuum approach for us. It just goes to show you, that you might think these coaches are sealed tightly, but these critters find their way in at will, it seems. I swear they were coming thru the AC , and out the ducts in the ceiling on our coach last fall. Thankfully they have a season here, usually are active in the fall as they try to find a place to hide for winter. Opened my awning, and the entire track where you hang lights from on the roller was full from end to end.

JanAndBill

Ditto on the vacuum approach for us. It just goes to show you, that you might think these coaches are sealed tightly, but these critters find their way in at will, it seems. I swear they were coming thru the AC , and out the ducts in the ceiling on our coach last fall. Thankfully they have a season here, usually are active in the fall as they try to find a place to hide for winter. Opened my awning, and the entire track where you hang lights from on the roller was full from end to end.

Unfortunately they hide in the fall and when we go south in January they come out every time the temperature warms up. Which is why I'd like to obliterated te little buggers.

Lou_and_Bette

I thought this pest was isolated to us here in southern Mississippi since here is the only place we see them. While there is some comfort in knowing that we aren't the only ones with this winter companion, the diversity of where the others are located makes me wonder if this is a problem of large numbers of these bugs all over the U.S. or did they come from a common denominator. Is it possible they are getting in the coach interior while they are being built? I do realize the "organic" folks advocate them as a non-chemical means of garden pest control and you can order them over the internet. Maybe I'll start collecting them and sell the little buggers when I have a collection of them. LOL

NHCelt

As you vacuum them, be thankful that they are not Asian Stink bugs. We had hundreds in the slide seals one year in Delaware. They are much nastier than the ladybug type

JanAndBill

I thought this pest was isolated to us here in southern Mississippi since here is the only place we see them. While there is some comfort in knowing that we aren't the only ones with this winter companion, the diversity of where the others are located makes me wonder if this is a problem of large numbers of these bugs all over the U.S. or did they come from a common denominator. Is it possible they are getting in the coach interior while they are being built? I do realize the "organic" folks advocate them as a non-chemical means of garden pest control and you can order them over the internet. Maybe I'll start collecting them and sell the little buggers when I have a collection of them. LOL

I think they're buying the cute little lady bugs, not these ugly critters, that bite and stink. They were supposedly introduced by the Feds in PA back in the 90's to counteract an aphid problem. Since then it is suspected they came in via the port of New Orleans in a shipment. With no predators and aggressive reproduction they have expanded rapidly. Highly likely they will one day suppress and replace the beneficial Lady Bug.