Air Conditioner Outlets (Grills) - where to get them?

maldds

I'd like to replace the A/C ceiling outlets in my 2900MK with outlets that will adjust the output of air as well as the direction of the air. I ordered some from Tweety's that I thought would work, but they were the wrong diameter (4" vs. 5 1/2"). Do you know where I can purchase outlets that are the correct size that have dampers in them as well? Thank you.
Mark Lewis

Admin: Try this link for DWIN - they may have what you need.
http://hoot.heartlandowners.org/home/68-rv/51-dwin-corp-rv-accessories
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

DennisZ

I had my RV dealer order them from Heartland, they are the ones used in the Bighorn in the toilet area.

Dennis

Jimmyt5

I had the same problem, the ones I ordered didn't fit.
I took the old ones and cut the circle out and installed the new ones in them.
Not perfect but OK for Govt. work....LOL

Attachments

• DSCF0215 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0215 (Medium).JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 35

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Great Idea

I had my RV dealer order them from Heartland, they are the ones used in the Bighorn in the toilet area.

Dennis

I like that Idea. I am going to have a dealer order some for me. The existing ones will turn so that you can direct the flow, they just don't have the ability to restrict it.
Fred

maldds

Thanks for the replies. I took off one of the vents and on the inside it says www.dwincorp.com. I checked on their website and they should have what I need. Has anyone had problems with the bedroom area not getting cool enough due to the A/C being in the rear? Thanks.
Mark

maldds

I installed the vents for the A/C yesterday. I had purchased the supervents. They're actually a little bigger than the OEM vents. Had to cut the ceiling holes a bit larger with a Roto-tool and redo the aluminum tape between the ceiling and the ductwork. All went well, and they work and look great. I also tried the tenting trick to redirect the air flow more into the ductwork, but it didn't work. I get good air flow in the bedroom area. I'll be in Branson this next week, so I'll report back on how the A/C works with the adjustable vents.

maldds

I must say the new vents worked well. I actually only had one rear vent and the two bedroom vents open. The cooling was great even in 90 degree weather. Next project is Roto choks or JT's to stop movement when parked.