Crossover Tool Box

Nightshifter

Can I use a standard crossover tool box with a Bighorn BH 3755FL? My tow vehicle is a 2016 F350 with an 8 foot bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Nightshifter,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

With the 8' bed the cross over box should be fine.

Keep us informed and we are here to help.

Jim M

caissiel

I use an inbed cross the front box with flush height that works mush better for me. I use box side running boards for better access.
I see what you are trying to do but you might have only 18 inches more then a short box and clearance on uneven terrain might be tight.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I went with a tool chest instead. It is almost flush with the bed rails and I was able to get a bigger one as a result.

pegmikef

My Transferflo fuel tank/toolbox combo is about the same size as the as standard tool box and maybe a little deeper (front to back) and I have had zero problems in 25k plus towing miles and I, too, have an eight foot bed. It gives me about 11 inches of storage space above the fuel tank.

MTPockets

If you already have the box, I would suggest measuring the height above the rails and the distance towards the hitch. If too high or deep, you may contact the 5vr nose on tight turns.