Going from 20# LP tanks to 30# LP tanks

Hi everyone, new to RVing about 5 months now. I work away from home and was tired of throwing my money away on hotels and apartments, so I picked up a 2016 Wilderness 3150DS. I am currently in Dallas Tx and it's been getting pretty cold. Going through 2 20# tanks about every 4 to 5 days wih regular heating ad cooking. Does anybody have this or a similar model, if so will 30# tanks just fit right in where the 20# tanks are, and will the stock cover the RV comes with cover the 30# tanks? I work 11 hour days 6 days a week so this is really becoming an inconvenience filling every few days. Thank you in advance.!

danemayer

Hi destindiver1980,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Winter camping can be trying when temperatures drop. 30# tanks should be the same footprint as 20# tanks, just taller. I don't know whether they'll fit but perhaps another owner can comment.

If you're in one place for a while, you could call the propane company and have a 120 Gallon tank set up. There's often a delivery and pickup charge, but the bulk price for propane is probably lower than what you're paying, and way more convenient.

Btw, you might take a look at our owner-written user guides. There's one on Water Systems Winter Usage that might be helpful to you as temps drop below freezing.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi destindiver1980,

If you're in one place for a while, you could call the propane company and have a 120 Gallon tank set up. There's often a delivery and pickup charge, but the bulk price for propane is probably lower than what you're paying, and way more convenient.

Speaking of bulk propane prices, we just had our two 100 gallon tanks topped off here at the house and paid $1.10/gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk