ATF: North Trail - Toliet paper holder

I am the proud owner of a 2009, 31RED. I'm taking my time setting it to my and my wife's comfort levels. The wife pointed out to me that there was no toilet paper holder in the bathroom area. If I mount on on the wall, it will interfere with getting into the bathtub. Where should I mount it?

jimtoo

Hi LaptopWillie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the Heartland family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

None of the units come from the factory with a paper holder installed. I think most folks, including myself, buy or make a free standing holder. That way it can be moved out of the way if need be. Also I think some have mounted the holder on the inside of the cabinet door of the sink... depending on where the cabinet is located.

Also check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally where you will meet some great people, eat great food and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you North Trail.

Jim M

Ks.Kev

Hey LaptopWillie,
I have the NT 22 FBS and had the same problem.....
I went and got this and it's working out great!
Got it at Wally World for $14.00!!!
Hope this will help.

k2-_3cd445c3-8aaa-40c8-a47e-bebb1b9057b6.v1.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
X2, these work great. Ours doesn't move while traveling, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crumgater

We use a similar TP stand in our Elkridge - ours has storage for 2 extra rolls, so there's always extra handy, which is nice. :)
So far, it's traveled in place, just fine, too.

roadking500

I am the proud owner of a 2009, 31RED. I'm taking my time setting it to my and my wife's comfort levels. The wife pointed out to me that there was no toilet paper holder in the bathroom area. If I mount on on the wall, it will interfere with getting into the bathtub. Where should I mount it?
I have a 2015 big horn I mounted on the inside the door of the sink just open it when you need it
bb75f3765b1c49b77a185847a108dae8.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
In both our previous Heartland Trail Runner and our current Heartland Prowler I mounted a TP holder to the side of the sink cabinet.

That way we don't have to open the cabinet door every time we need to get at the TP.

In both our previous Heartland Trail Runner and our current Heartland Prowler I mounted a TP holder to the side of the sink cabinet.
Hey Folks Thanks for the feed b
That way we don't have to open the cabinet door every time we need to get at the TP.
Hey Guys, thanks for all the feed back. I went with the stand alone unit. I think it will work great. There is no room for attaching the holder to the wall or to the cabinet door. To mount it inside the cabinet door under the sink is just out of reach for the wife. With the stand alone, It can be moved to where it is needed or out of the way. Thanks for the tips

Willie & Peggy

Hey LaptopWillie,
I have the NT 22 FBS and had the same problem.....
I went and got this and it's working out great!
Got it at Wally World for $14.00!!!
Hope this will help.

k2-_3cd445c3-8aaa-40c8-a47e-bebb1b9057b6.v1.jpg
This the plan we're going with. I got mine a Lowe's and with the weighted bottom, should have no problems Thanks so much for your suggestion. God Bless.

This is what we decided on. There is only 1 "solid" piece of wood in the bathroom that is easily accessible when using the toilet; ended up mounting it next to the sink; got one with a metal cover to help protect it from water. Works well.DSCN4547.jpgDSCN4481.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN4487.jpg
    DSCN4487.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 47
Is that two-sided taped on?

Not sure what you are exactly asking--but if you are asking how it is held in place--it has 2 small hidden screws; that's why I was able to mount it to solid wood. Got it through Amazon--a little pricey in my book, but couldn't find it anywhere else (and it's metal, not plastic like so many of them)

you're right--the door is too thin. The only place that the bathroom door (or any cabinet door for that matter in this trailer) has any solid wood is along all the edges. We put an over the door towel rack on the inside of our bathroom door, but it tended to slide around and rattle too much when the door was opening and closing, that I put a couple of small screws at the top of the door to hold it in place. As far as the TP holder, the easiest place to put it so it was easy to get to was there by the sink--fortunately there is that one strip of solid wood. Very accessible when needed, but stays dry (we have little grandchildren that sometimes camp with us--not always very neat with water!).

JohnD

I mounted the TP holder on the side of the bathroom sink cabinet.

The wood is thin, but I used four nuts and bolts with washers (instead of the wood screws that came with it) and it holds the TP holder very well!

EarlGately

I own a 31RED as well and noticed the same issue. I am considering using a freestanding TP holder. It could be stored under the bed or in the bathtub when traveling.

JohnD

Our 2013 Trail Runner didn't have a TP holder mounted, but it did come with it!

Found it in the cabinet under the bathroom sink.

I mounted it to the sink cabinet next to the toilet!

Our 2015 Prowler didn't come with one, so I bought one at Walmart!