Economic Stimulus Check - Did you get one?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That's just our luck...we didn't qualify for a stimulus check!!! Business lost money and DH retirement check doesn't qualify as income...:mad:

vangoes

I feel your pain KaKampers...............same situation as us. Although I had to pay some taxes, my retirement income did not qualify either. Something is just wrong with this picture.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
It's the government...it don't have to make sense. This year will be the first time since my 18th birthday that I have not worked. Gonna take some adjusting.

Mels Musty Music

OK - I'm really confused (so whats new?). My sister and brother-in-law got $1,200 deposited to their bank account today and their income is totally from Social Security. My understanding was the original bill didn't include us but the one that eventually passed did.
Can anyone explain?
Hank

Jimmyt5

from IRS board

"Normally, Social Security benefits, certain Railroad Retirement benefits and veterans’ disability compensation, pension or survivors’ benefits received from the Department of Veterans Affairs are not subject to income tax. However, the economic stimulus law passed in February contains special provisions allowing recipients of these non-taxable benefits to count them toward the qualifying income requirement of $3,000 and thereby qualify for the stimulus payment."

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
We got ours direct deposited a couple of weeks ago - but then again...I'm still a young (46) whipper-snapper...and still working 70-80 hrs/wk! :D

Best part is - living in the Cyclone instead of buying someone else a hotel! :)
Life is good!

waynet

$1200, all went to Lowes last week!!!

Received ours last week and spent it all at Lowe's! We are so doing our share to improve the economy! //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon12.gif House should be finished this week and going on the market. Full timing after the Holiday weekend! Gotta love life, it's too short to worry about tomorrow!

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I'm from the government and I am here to help, the check's in the mail and,,,,,,,,,,hummmm...... several big lies in life, eh? lol
Fred