Leak from back of Dometic 310 commode, near anti-siphon valve.

danemayer

Problem this morning with the commode. An oval shaped piece of the ceramic broke off the underside in the back. Now when using the pedal to fill the bowl, there's a pretty good drip from that opening. Drips for a minute and then stops. I have a container under it to catch the water and have tried gluing it back in place as a temp fix.

Called Dometic Customer Service and they are shipping a replacement commode today at no charge, even though it's 5 years old. Thank you Dometic.

danemayer

Dan, how did it crack? Can you post a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dometic Customer Service said they'd heard of this happening and that it's possible it's due to a manufacturing defect.

The piece that initially came out was like an oval shaped disc - slightly irregular in shape. Pretty flat. I tried gluing it back in place. The glue held, but it came back out with additional porcelain attached to the glue. So the cracking apparently was not just at the surface. I put the larger piece back with epoxy - still a bit of dripping after using the pedal but less than it was.

Of course I've wondered if maybe the interior chambers allow a little water to accumulate in that area after blowing the water out, leading to freeze damage. But if that were likely I think Dometic would have asked about winterizing and suggested freezing as the cause. Nevertheless, next Fall I may use a combination of compressed air and antifreeze. It's a lot colder in Colorado than in central Texas.