RV protection- Wax or Sealer?

rcjar

I have just purchased my Heartland Oakmont and wondering about best protection for it. Wax or sealant? Have heard of sealer called Rejex and also product sold by Dealers called Perma Plate. Any experience with either product? Thanks

danemayer

Hi rcjar,

Congratulations on your new Oakmont and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great group of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get a bunch of opinions shortly.

MTPockets

Rejex hands down.. My first year or so I used wax and used the cleaners with wax when washing. I was introduced a couple years ago to Rejex at a Texas Rally when TXBobcat gave me a partial bottle to try. I first did my front cap, then slowly over the course of next two weeks had the entire rig compete.. Since that time I've noticed the Rejex keeps the shine, protects the decals and water beads continually when it rains. This stuff is majic! It is applied on and wiped off just like any liquid wax, but does require application out of the sun and keep out for 12 hours. I've applied it three times in two years and shine is fantastic... I'll never even consider wax anymore.

GOTTOYS

Rejex is not a wax it's a polymer coating, same as the grossly overpriced stuff the dealer sells like Perma Plate or whatever. Some similar products are Nu-Finish or Simonize Ice and there are others...None of them contain any abrasives unlike a cleaner wax. I do mine every year or so with Nu-Finish. It's easier to find than Rejex and gives the same results...Very easy to apply and remove too....Don

rxbristol

Rejex is a good product, but it requires work to apply. From day one I've used "Ice". Twice a year I wash and wax the RV and use about two bottles. It's still beading and shining when the next wash/wax is due and it's sooooo easy to apply. I did put a coat o Rejex on the top of the front cap because it takes the most abuse from the sun.

NHCelt

Rejex is not a wax it's a polymer coating, same as the grossly overpriced stuff the dealer sells like Perma Plate or whatever. Some similar products are Nu-Finish or Simonize Ice and there are others...None of them contain any abrasives unlike a cleaner wax. I do mine every year or so with Nu-Finish. It's easier to find than Rejex and gives the same results...Very easy to apply and remove too....Don

I'll second Nu-Finish. Have used it on aluminum, filon and gel coat with excellent results. Once a year except for front cap...twice there. Tried rejex and found it fussy to apply and somewhat short lived. Nu finish has kept my rigs and decals like new...bur anything is better than nothing.

NHCelt

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I am with MTPockets on Rejex....put it on my North Trail prior to going from AZ to Goshen for the Rally. Almost no bugs on the front cap and they wiped off. My buddy traveling with me used a different product and cleaned the front cap 2 times on our trip together, once using a professional service at Goshen. Rejax does work! I will be using it on my new Sundance...

Lynn1130

Rejex and it is no more difficult to apply than wax. Put it on wait 15-20 minutes and wipe or buff it off. It is available from the Rejex web site or various vendors. I have used it on all my vehicles for several years and never fail to get comments on how good they look. Our sun here can do a number on most anything and Rejex is about the best protectant I have found.

You can get more info on the product by going to the Rejex web site.

Lynn1130

Keep in mind that it has a shelf life so do not over-order. I have the Cyclone and truck detailed at the same time and it takes about 2/3 to 3/4 of a 16 oz bottle for both. I keep it inside the house so it does not sit in the garage in 115 degrees.

rcjar

I got just the one bottle so it should be good for a 35' job..Will also put on 2015 Dodge Ram if enough left! Again, thanks to all for input! Going to like this forum I think!
Keep in mind that it has a shelf life so do not over-order. I have the Cyclone and truck detailed at the same time and it takes about 2/3 to 3/4 of a 16 oz bottle for both. I keep it inside the house so it does not sit in the garage in 115 degrees.

Jim_Hull

I just used Rejex on our BC4010 and love the shine and the smoothness. My question for all of you who use Rejex is what do use use to wash the rig in the 6 months between applications? Is there an RV wash that does not remove the protection

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Rejex has a recommended wash solution comes in half gallon bottle. It is to be used prior to your first Rejex application and between future applications.

rcjar

That's good to know. The Rejex did a great job on my Heartland Oakmont. I will look into the cleaner as well for maintaining purposes.
Rejex has a recommended wash solution comes in half gallon bottle. It is to be used prior to your first Rejex application and between future applications.

Jim_Hull

It looks like it is Pro Wash RX. I will have to give it a try to help maintain the shine on my BC. Thank you for the recommendation.

Jim-Lynn

Wash Wax ALL, they were at the National Rally in June. We purchased the complete package and it is amazing. I can do my complete rig in no time. You can look them up WashWax.com

Just my opinion -

Jim

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I been using Rejex for years and love it. Once a year application and then I use Turtle Wax car wash for all remaining washes for it does not remove any wax or sealers applied. Dawn is a degreaser and will remove wax so I only use it when I need to do roof.

rcjar

That's good to know that you use once a year. Have seen different opinions on number of times a year to use but ultimately is dependent on climate in area you reside I would think.
I been using Rejex for years and love it. Once a year application and then I use Turtle Wax car wash for all remaining washes for it does not remove any wax or sealers applied. Dawn is a degreaser and will remove wax so I only use it when I need to do roof.