Front cap crease on a 26RKS

fdechaine

Howdy

I just noticed that I have a crease showing on my new 26RKS. It showed up sometime after I got home from Elkhart last week and it seems to be getting more visible. The crease is right above the North Trail name and below the mountain logo and it starts about 12 - 14 inches from the left edge (when looking at it from the front) and continues to about 12 - 14 inches from the right edge.

I don't have any local dealers in the area so I am not sure how to proceed. I did also send an email to Great Lakes RV today since they were the ones that helped with the PDI and repairs.

What should I do to get this problem resolved? I live in Wenatchee, Wa and the closest Heartland dealer is over 3 hours away. We have a 5 day camping trip scheduled starting on Memorial day and we are only traveling 100 miles to get there. Should I be concerned about taking this trip?

Thanks in advance for the help.

A new worried owner
Frank

Attachments

• cap2_edited-1.jpg
    cap2_edited-1.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 275

jbeletti

Frank,

I'd say that this should not interfere with your next trip. I suggest you call Customer Service on Monday at 877-262-8032. I will send them your picture and post so they can look at it ahead of your call.

Jim

jerr7

hello fdec

I wrote too you recently about your rks i was hoping for some feedback, could you let me know how and what you like about this Trailer as im in process of maybe buying one
jerry

rebnga

warp in front cap...

Frank,

I have the same problem. Have you been successful in getting it attended to and resolved?

Larry

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Similar issue

Heartland has authorized a full replacement of the end cap. Waiting on parts. Does not interfere with usage, and I have no known leaks.

TT

Hart

I sure hope this creasing issue does not apply to 09 models. Does anyone know if the issue has been corrected? We do have the diamond plate.