Replaced Micro/Conv Oven

B

BouseBill

2015 BigHorn 3570RS, Replaced the useless wine rack and covered the area with a cabinet door ordered from Heartland.
The Hi-Point Micro/Conv oven is/was not a good choice to install. The unit is not up to the standards of a BigHorn IMHO, The first unit died and was replaced by Heartland, the second unit was so noisy you could not hear yourself think. IMHO, if you're ordering a coach with a micro/conv, delete the factory oven and install one of a higher quality.
Project day went pretty much uneventful, A friend stopped by on his way to his place of employment (Ha) and assisted in the removal of the Hi-Point. The wife and I then pretty much had all the other requirements done before the FIL arrived to assist in loading the GE into the opening. The GE exhaust fan is really quiet and three speed compared to the HI-Point which was REALLY NOISY (I did mention that didn't I;)).

The second picture shows the new GE wall mount installed, since the opening is neither plumb nor square(no ding on HL, whatch expect for a rolling home;)) the location was a compromise to the opening but the oven is level! and the door will open all the way.

Now the boss lady can cook me cakes and cookies in a decent oven:):):)
A really big THANK YOU to PEGMIKEF, your advise and words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

Our next project is to re-do the stick on tile:eek:

Attachments

• winerackremoved1.jpg
    winerackremoved1.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 278
  • wallmount1.jpg
    wallmount1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 279
  • GEinstalled.jpg
    GEinstalled.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 303

pegmikef

Nice job Bill. Looks great. One thing that is nice about the GE is you can enter the regular (non-convection oven) recipe temperature, and it will automatically be converted to the one for convection cooking. You have to take a look at the menu settings and there is an option for turning that feature on and off. Ours came with the feature off, but when we learned of the option, we turned it on. Works great and tells you when it is adjusting the input temperature.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
2015 BigHorn 3570RS, Replaced the useless wine rack and covered the area with a cabinet door ordered from Heartland.
The Hi-Point Micro/Conv oven is/was not a good choice to install. The unit is not up to the standards of a BigHorn IMHO, The first unit died and was replaced by Heartland, the second unit was so noisy you could not hear yourself think. IMHO, if you're ordering a coach with a micro/conv, delete the factory oven and install one of a higher quality.
Project day went pretty much uneventful, A friend stopped by on his way to his place of employment (Ha) and assisted in the removal of the Hi-Point. The wife and I then pretty much had all the other requirements done before the FIL arrived to assist in loading the GE into the opening. The GE exhaust fan is really quiet and three speed compared to the HI-Point which was REALLY NOISY (I did mention that didn't I;)).

The second picture shows the new GE wall mount installed, since the opening is neither plumb nor square(no ding on HL, whatch expect for a rolling home;)) the location was a compromise to the opening but the oven is level! and the door will open all the way.

Now the boss lady can cook me cakes and cookies in a decent oven:):):)
A really big THANK YOU to PEGMIKEF, your advise and words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

Our next project is to re-do the stick on tile:eek:

Looks great! What were "all the other requirements"?

B

BouseBill

Other requirements included drilling new holes, and installing the rear wall mount, drilling for the upper attachment screws and a new power cord hole. The GE upper attachment points are off by about one and a half inches from the High-Point, and the power cord is several inches off, the power cord is plenty long enough to reach the power outlet in the right side cabinet.
Resetting the oven for rear exhaust, it comes from the factory with top exhaust, The current exhaust opening is just short of being wide enough for the GE, but I (we) did not want to mess with that and the exhaust works just fine as is.

pday1213

Bill,
Can you tell me what the part number for the cabinet door you ordered? Did it include the hardware to install and the knob handle? I want to do the same thing as you did. The wine rack is useless to me and I never use it. Thanks

B

BouseBill

PDAY, found an old email with just what you need:) The wife had already thrown away the stickers, I had already typed up a response, then remembered we had sent emails back and forth, so here is the information:
Door 6x30-#0119372--$26.37
2-hinges-#53568--$1.35 each
drawer pull-#0107893-$2.75

The cabinet door has the spring loaded type hinges so no lift shocks involved. The two items we had to local purchase were, the screws to hold the handle on (#8 machine screws, 32x1 in), and wood screws to attach the door to the frame.

Hope that works out for you.

mthompson

Bill, Great Job, looks like it came from the factory that way, (and it probably should have) My question to you is how did you know the part # to order for the door, so that you got the right color to match your existing cabinets? Did you give them your VIN# or model # or how?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark

B

BouseBill

Mark, to make a long story short if u call customer service with your Vin number and door measurements they should be able to help you.