Vent on Top

rcjar

I own an Oakmont 325RE 2016 and was installing a MAX Air 2 vent on top. It does not fit due to the way that particular vent comes to a point and interferes with the vent tube coming from the toilet. Does anybody have suggestion on what brand vent cover will work? Thanks

TxCowboy

Lots of views but no comments so it's likely few have any experience with the Max Air 2 vent top. Have you considered contacting the manufacturer's Customer Service and posing the question to them?

You might take a picture or two and be prepared to send them the pics to better illustrate your situation.

HTH

jbeletti

If there's an obstruction that interferes with the installation of the vent cover, my guess is that the obstruction will present an issue for all vent covers. A picture of your situation will be helpful.

When installing vent covers, especially over a Fantastic Vent brand vent/fan, I prefer to use their own brand of cover - Ultra Breeze
Ultra Breeze.jpg

TxCowboy

Jim, not to hijack the thread, but does the vent cover you posted (or it's smoked colored version) fit over all of the FV series fans or just specific ones?

Bones

You guys gotta stop adding stuff to my want list. I'm never going to get it done. :cool:

farside291

I had the Fantastic Fan vent cover on my last SOB so I could leave it open in the rain, this one has the built in rain sensor so not really needed. I thought the cover over the fan would prevent dry rot, but nope the cover on the old fan still became brittle and fell apart. I had to modify it with a little trimming to clear the antenna but I got it to fit. Would it really hurt to trim it with a dremmel or something like that?

TxCowboy

You guys gotta stop adding stuff to my want list. I'm never going to get it done. :cool:

Agreed. Saw Jim's post and ran off to Wally World for mineral spirits to clean the roof surface for when the two vent covers arrive. :)

rcjar

I have since bought the regular Max Air and have pre-fitted it on top. It will work when I get chance to put on permanently. Hopefully this weekend at Oasis Resort in Las Vegas for Superbowl weekend! I had talked to Heartland people about it and they did not have a solution. Thanks! Ron
Lots of views but no comments so it's likely few have any experience with the Max Air 2 vent top. Have you considered contacting the manufacturer's Customer Service and posing the question to them?

You might take a picture or two and be prepared to send them the pics to better illustrate your situation.

HTH