Camping locations large enough?

MTPockets

We've travelled extensively being full time going on four years from FL to WA and places between... We always check park size limits and reserve in advance. Private parks, no problem.. Occasional State Parks are limited, as well as National Parks. Planning ahead always works well for us and removes all stress and need to hurry for a spot.

pegmikef

I usually use google maps to look over the sites if I think the size might be marginal. I have run into a couple of state parks here in Texas where you have to be pretty selective, but for the most part I have never had a problem and my BH is 35 feet.

Crumgater

We make reservations and while there are some places we won't fit, we find plenty of nice places to go where we do fit (we're "only" 34ft). We like to camp at state parks.... which are great, but some have "too many trees" (is that really a thing??). The one time we've been unable to back into a space due to tree placement around the driveways, the camp host found us a new spot (which we could pull through, which was great!).

So - plan ahead, check out photo galleries and google "satellite" or "earth" views, get reservations, and you should be good.

kowAlski631

How difficult is it to find campgrounds with spots large enough to fit a 38' rig comfortably?

We've never had an issue finding a site. Just go on Google Earth because we've found trees with low limbs that required work around and sometimes a site relocation.

sengli

We are sometime type campers. Our rig is also 38+ feet, combined with our long bed, four door pickup. Makes it tight for many places we might go. Since we camp mostly at state parks, we always do a lot of research on the site, especially the length. Even actually visit the campgrounds before we show up with the camper, to actually look at the site. Look for the phrase "big rig compatible" for certain sites.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
You shouldn't have a problem. We're anytime travelers and rarely make reservations. Most all commercial RV parks can accommodate your rig. Public campgrounds on the other hand may be restrictive. Use today's technology to research these public parks to determine length requirements. BTW-even though a website says the parking pad is only 30' long, we've backed the BH in so the rear tires are at the end of the pad and the end of the rig overhangs the parking pad.
So if you really want to stay at a particular spot 99% of the time you can. Just plan on being creative and practice your backing up skills !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwmcguire

We have camped in a lot of states and campgrounds. during the busy seasons it has been a challenge without reservations even being creative when parking to always get a site that will fit. Most well run camp grounds only let you park in the appropriate length site. In the boondocks then anything goes. All of the newer campgrounds have large sites but they tend to fill up fast with all the newer campers on the road. Check out the campground on the web and reserve ahead if you really need a site for the night.