And so...it begins....

TxCowboy

We've begun our two year plan to transition to full timing.

In addition to our LM 365 Key West which will sitting in a nice RV park on the Texas coast for the next couple of years, we're doing our PDI this afternoon on a new 30 foot bumper pull trailer (by SOB). This new trailer will be our "office" in the San Antonio area for the next couple of years as we wind down the business. After we close shop, we'll use this same trailer to do several 5 to 6 week trips to see family, friends, and several locations on our bucket list.

Emptying out the SnB started over the past couple of weeks. A couple of friends already expressed interest in some items so those are already tagged for them. Yesterday, we brought a friend's 20 year old daughter through the house and let her go "shopping". As we hoped, she wants most of the major items -- a bedroom set, some occasional tables, lots of the kitchen items. She's going to rent a small storage space for a year or so until she finishes her degree program then move in to an apartment. She is going to be well equipped!

After all of this, a yard sale is still needed so we'll plan that when the weather warms a bit.

The house goes on the market soon so wish us luck with that. :)

It is still a little weird to be getting rid of all these things we've accumulated over the years but the hardest part was just making the decision to full time and sticking to that decision. Everything else has just seemed to fall into place to make that a reality sooner than we thought it would.

Serendipity?

dlw930

We're going through the same process and similar thoughts and emotions. I've been amazed at how easily I've let go of things. All of our furniture has been sold or spoken for by family. Victims of the Garland tornado used some of their insurance money to wipe out two of our bedrooms. Our "moving" sale is this weekend where we hope to dispose of books, computers, office supplies, shop goodies like paint, parts, tools, etc. what doesn't sell will be taken to Goodwill or thrown in the trash. We go F/T Feb. 8 and close on the SnB Feb. 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Good Luck full timing. Does Porthole know you took his thread name?:confused:

Nope, but it's a good thread name. :)

- - - Updated - - -

We're going through the same process and similar thoughts and emotions. I've been amazed at how easily I've let go of things. All of our furniture has been sold or spoken for by family. Victims of the Garland tornado used some of their insurance money to wipe out two of our bedrooms. Our "moving" sale is this weekend where we hope to dispose of books, computers, office supplies, shop goodies like paint, parts, tools, etc. what doesn't sell will be taken to Goodwill or thrown in the trash. We go F/T Feb. 8 and close on the SnB Feb. 26.

Congrats on your upcoming closing! Can't wait for that to happen for us. We should be chatting with our Listing Agent in the next couple of weeks. We're targeting a listing date of April 1st, maybe sooner depending upon that conversation with the agent.

busted2341

We too have sold it all and in one more month will be permanately on the road. excited, nervous and even a little on the scared side. But I have the Best wife in the world as my co-pilot so hopefully it's a great new chapter of our 31 years so far!