Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Amana Colonies RV Park
  • 3890 C St
  • Amana, IA 52203
  • 319-622-7616
  • Be sure to mention that your with the Heartland Owners Club Rally When making your reservations
  • http://www.amanarvpark.com/
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $0

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 40
  • Reserve your site by end of day 7/1/2016 -- Extended to August 12.
  • Site fee: $36 less 10% rally discount per night. Full Hookups
  • Site fee: $33 less 10% rally discount per night. Water/Sewer only
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee:$20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 9/29/16
  • Potluck time: TBD

Additional Info:
More details to follow soon.

Basic schedule - tentative - subject to change

All meals will be served in the Pioneer Building.
Thursday - Potluck in the evening, 5:30 PM
Iowa Chapter will provide pulled pork, buns, BBQ Sauce on the side.

Campfire probably site N6 or near by.

Friday - light breakfast 7:30- 9? Assorted Donuts/rolls/bagels, coffee, juice, Milk and Enjoy the Amanas at your leisure
Friday - Sponsored Dinner - Iowa Chapter will be providing dinner 5:30 PM
Roast Pork
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Corn and/or Mixed deluxe vegetables
Rolls
Cupcakes
Coffee, Iced Tea, Milk, Water

Two prized will be awarded. Must be present to win due to sponsor requirements. (photo)

Saturday - 7:30- 9? Assorted Donuts/rolls/bagels, coffee, juice, Milk and Enjoy the Amanas at your leisure

Sunday morning - 7:30- 9? Assorted Donuts/rolls/bagels, coffee, juice, Milk and Enjoy the Amanas at your leisure or have a safe trip home
Grab something to go if you want.

Here is the Amana Oktoberfest schedule of events.
http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html
If your interested in group rate discount tickets for Oktoberfest please let me know. Discount rate is determined by total number of tickets.

Attendees:
1. David and Shel Lippe /2536/ Iowa Chapter Leader **
2. Elaine and Paul Schmidt /2251/Illinois Chapter Leader
3. Jim and Claudia Pavalink
4. Chris and Diane Gray **
5. Roger and Leslie sharp **
6. Bob Curry *
7. Gary and Carol Lippe
8. Jack & Sharen Thompson
9. Al and Linda Swanson **
10. Dave and Sally Marshall

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
David, we would love to attend but Las Vegas is calling.
Always a fun time in Amana, especially Oktoberfest.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
David, we would love to attend but Las Vegas is calling.
Always a fun time in Amana, especially Oktoberfest.

Peace
Dave

You could stop over for a Oktoberfest before you head west..... The Amanas are just a few miles off of I-80 and/or I-380 depending your direction of travels.
Have fun in Vegas.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You could stop over for a Oktoberfest before you head west..... The Amanas are just a few miles off of I-80 and/or I-380 depending your direction of travels.
Have fun in Vegas.
Actually we are stopping over there when on our way, only problem it will be on September 10th.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Its Oktoberfest time in the Amanas, Back by popular demand the Iowa chapter is returning the fall rally to the Amanas!

Register soon to get your preferred spot for the Iowa chapter rally!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
See ya at the pre rally in Glendale, Utah Sept 2016
For those traveling to the rally in Las Vegas have fun!

For those sticking around in the Midwest, Join us for all the german music, food, and fun in the Amana's for Oktoberfest!

Be sure to reserve your space soon.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Great choice David! We're heading west also or we would love to return to Amana.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The weather is usually cool and pleasant to enjoy at least one more weekend out before Iowa weather changes. Enjoy the fall colors and the sights and sounds of Oktoberfest at the 2016 Iowa chapter rally in the Amanas.

I know some of you are heading further west to the National rally in Las Vegas, You will be missed.

dlw930

We're planning on staying at the Amana RV park a few nights in May. Our Passport America membership gets us the first 2 nights at half price and almost pays for itself. We're also headed to Vegas and won't be able to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We're planning on staying at the Amana RV park a few nights in May. Our Passport America membership gets us the first 2 nights at half price and almost pays for itself. We're also headed to Vegas and won't be able to attend.

Well, if you would like any info for the Amana/Iowa City/ Cedar Rapids area, let me know, I live nearby.
I am sorry to hear you won't make the Iowa chapter rally.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well, if you would like any info for the Amana/Iowa City/ Cedar Rapids area, let me know, I live nearby.
I am sorry to hear you won't make the Iowa chapter rally.

We spent a weekend in Cedar Rapids back in the 80's (not camping, but in a hotel) . . .

Awesome town . . . smells like oatmeal (at least it did then)!

Have been wanting to go back there, but unfortunately can't make this Rally.

But we will be in Vegas at the National Rally in site #125 in case anyone wants to stop by!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
David, you'll Amana. It's a neat place and if you ever get a chance to go to the Octoberfest, it's definitely worth it. David does a great job of having rallies during this time.

dlw930

I lived in Ames for 12 years with ISU and had the opportunity to be in the Amanas several time. My favorite place to eat was in South Amana...in a walkout cellar. John, most of the times I was in Cedar Rapids, I would not describe the odor in the air as inviting as "oatmeal"!

GOTTOYS

For what it's worth. Forest River Owners Group has secured 102 sites that same weekend for their Frogtober Fest. Should be crowded.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The RV Park does have lots of sites and yes, the Frogs will be there.

The Oktoberfest will be in full swing the weekend of the rally so there will be lots of food and entertainment options.

Make your reservation today before the frogs take up the good sites!
If you already made reservations please let me know so I can make sure I know who is attending!

Lane

Illinios Chapter Leader-Retired
David, Elaine and I are looking forward to returning to Amana and Octoberfest. We will arrive on 9/28 and will leave 10/2.

jimpav

JIm and Claudia and Smudge signed up for 9/29- 10/2. Looking forward to another great rally time.

Status
Not open for further replies.