PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana - 9/29/2016 to 10/2/2016

Silverado23
01-21-2016, 06:09 PM
3890 C St, Amana, IA 52203

Venue:
------------------------------

Amana Colonies RV Park
3890 C St
Amana, IA 52203
319-622-7616
Be sure to mention that your with the Heartland Owners Club Rally When making your reservations
http://www.amanarvpark.com/
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

Number of sites held: 40
Reserve your site by end of day 7/1/2016 -- Extended to August 12.
Site fee: $36 less 10% rally discount per night. Full Hookups
Site fee: $33 less 10% rally discount per night. Water/Sewer only
Club Member Event fee: $0
Non-Club Member fee:$20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 9/29/16
Potluck time: TBD

Event Leader: Silverado23(click to contact) (https://heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=15633)

Additional Info:
More details to follow soon.

Basic schedule - tentative - subject to change

All meals will be served in the Pioneer Building.
Thursday - Potluck in the evening, 5:30 PM
Iowa Chapter will provide pulled pork, buns, BBQ Sauce on the side.

Campfire probably site N6 or near by.

Friday - light breakfast 7:30- 9? Assorted Donuts/rolls/bagels, coffee, juice, Milk and Enjoy the Amanas at your leisure
Friday - Sponsored Dinner - Iowa Chapter will be providing dinner 5:30 PM
Roast Pork
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Corn and/or Mixed deluxe vegetables
Rolls
Cupcakes
Coffee, Iced Tea, Milk, Water

Two prized will be awarded. Must be present to win due to sponsor requirements. (photo)

Saturday - 7:30- 9? Assorted Donuts/rolls/bagels, coffee, juice, Milk and Enjoy the Amanas at your leisure

Sunday morning - 7:30- 9? Assorted Donuts/rolls/bagels, coffee, juice, Milk and Enjoy the Amanas at your leisure or have a safe trip home
Grab something to go if you want.

Here is the Amana Oktoberfest schedule of events.
http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html
If your interested in group rate discount tickets for Oktoberfest please let me know. Discount rate is determined by total number of tickets.

Attendees:
1. David and Shel Lippe /2536/ Iowa Chapter Leader **
2. Elaine and Paul Schmidt /2251/Illinois Chapter Leader
3. Jim and Claudia Pavalink
4. Chris and Diane Gray **
5. Roger and Leslie sharp **
6. Bob Curry *
7. Gary and Carol Lippe
8. Jack & Sharen Thompson
9. Al and Linda Swanson **
10. Dave and Sally Marshall

GOTTOYS
01-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Is this going to be in conjunction with Amana's Octoberfest celebration again??..Don

Silverado23
01-22-2016, 01:15 AM
Yes, this is in conjunction with Amana's Oktoberfest.

cookie
01-22-2016, 09:41 AM
David, we would love to attend but Las Vegas is calling.
Always a fun time in Amana, especially Oktoberfest.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23
01-22-2016, 12:54 PM

Peace
Dave

You could stop over for a Oktoberfest before you head west..... The Amanas are just a few miles off of I-80 and/or I-380 depending your direction of travels.
Have fun in Vegas.

cookie
01-22-2016, 01:04 PM
You could stop over for a Oktoberfest before you head west..... The Amanas are just a few miles off of I-80 and/or I-380 depending your direction of travels.
Have fun in Vegas.
Actually we are stopping over there when on our way, only problem it will be on September 10th.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23
01-22-2016, 09:54 PM
Its Oktoberfest time in the Amanas, Back by popular demand the Iowa chapter is returning the fall rally to the Amanas!

Register soon to get your preferred spot for the Iowa chapter rally!

BigJim45
02-07-2016, 12:44 AM

Peace
Dave

See ya at the pre rally in Glendale, Utah Sept 2016

Silverado23
03-01-2016, 06:10 PM
See ya at the pre rally in Glendale, Utah Sept 2016
For those traveling to the rally in Las Vegas have fun!

For those sticking around in the Midwest, Join us for all the german music, food, and fun in the Amana's for Oktoberfest!

Be sure to reserve your space soon.

jayc
03-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Great choice David! We're heading west also or we would love to return to Amana.

Silverado23
04-14-2016, 10:43 AM
The weather is usually cool and pleasant to enjoy at least one more weekend out before Iowa weather changes. Enjoy the fall colors and the sights and sounds of Oktoberfest at the 2016 Iowa chapter rally in the Amanas.

I know some of you are heading further west to the National rally in Las Vegas, You will be missed.

dlw930
04-15-2016, 07:19 AM
We're planning on staying at the Amana RV park a few nights in May. Our Passport America membership gets us the first 2 nights at half price and almost pays for itself. We're also headed to Vegas and won't be able to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23
04-15-2016, 10:53 AM
We're planning on staying at the Amana RV park a few nights in May. Our Passport America membership gets us the first 2 nights at half price and almost pays for itself. We're also headed to Vegas and won't be able to attend.

Well, if you would like any info for the Amana/Iowa City/ Cedar Rapids area, let me know, I live nearby.
I am sorry to hear you won't make the Iowa chapter rally.

JohnD
04-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Well, if you would like any info for the Amana/Iowa City/ Cedar Rapids area, let me know, I live nearby.
I am sorry to hear you won't make the Iowa chapter rally.

We spent a weekend in Cedar Rapids back in the 80's (not camping, but in a hotel) . . .

Awesome town . . . smells like oatmeal (at least it did then)!

Have been wanting to go back there, but unfortunately can't make this Rally.

But we will be in Vegas at the National Rally in site #125 in case anyone wants to stop by!

jayc
04-15-2016, 03:29 PM
David, you'll Amana. It's a neat place and if you ever get a chance to go to the Octoberfest, it's definitely worth it. David does a great job of having rallies during this time.

dlw930
04-15-2016, 04:13 PM
I lived in Ames for 12 years with ISU and had the opportunity to be in the Amanas several time. My favorite place to eat was in South Amana...in a walkout cellar. John, most of the times I was in Cedar Rapids, I would not describe the odor in the air as inviting as "oatmeal"!

GOTTOYS
05-26-2016, 09:16 AM
For what it's worth. Forest River Owners Group has secured 102 sites that same weekend for their Frogtober Fest. Should be crowded.

Silverado23
05-31-2016, 11:31 AM
The RV Park does have lots of sites and yes, the Frogs will be there.

The Oktoberfest will be in full swing the weekend of the rally so there will be lots of food and entertainment options.

Make your reservation today before the frogs take up the good sites!
If you already made reservations please let me know so I can make sure I know who is attending!

Lane
05-31-2016, 09:42 PM
David, Elaine and I are looking forward to returning to Amana and Octoberfest. We will arrive on 9/28 and will leave 10/2.

jimpav
06-01-2016, 09:01 AM
JIm and Claudia and Smudge signed up for 9/29- 10/2. Looking forward to another great rally time.

Silverado23
06-01-2016, 09:11 AM
JIm and Claudia and Smudge signed up for 9/29- 10/2. Looking forward to another great rally time.

David, Elaine and I are looking forward to returning to Amana and Octoberfest. We will arrive on 9/28 and will leave 10/2.

Thank you for joining us for the Rally in the Amanas this fall!

TXBobcat
06-04-2016, 01:50 PM
I'm going to try and make this rally. I will be leaving Colorado Springs Rally Sept 19.. I hope to make it in Amana on Monday 26th.

I will make my reservation as soon as I can be sure I can make it..

Do you have an Attendee's list available?

BC

Silverado23
06-06-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm going to try and make this rally. I will be leaving Colorado Springs Rally Sept 19.. I hope to make it in Amana on Monday 26th.

I will make my reservation as soon as I can be sure I can make it..

Do you have an Attendee's list available?

BC

I look forward to meeting you in the Amanas!

An updated attendee list will be posted soon.

chrizg
06-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Just made reservations today. Will be there Sept 29th - Oct 2nd

Chris and Diane

Silverado23
06-17-2016, 10:54 PM
Just made reservations today. Will be there Sept 29th - Oct 2nd

Chris and Diane

Thank you for getting your reservations made we'll see you in the Amanas!

Silverado23
06-17-2016, 11:11 PM
If you have made reservations and have not yet notified me, Please let me know so I can add you to the attendee list.

TXBobcat
06-18-2016, 03:37 PM
I just made reservations today..

BC

Silverado23
06-18-2016, 10:46 PM
I just made reservations today..

BC
Thank you for letting me know! We will see you in September!

jimpav
06-21-2016, 02:53 PM

That's interesting. I called the campground today and was told they do not participate in the Passport America discounts.. Am I missing something ????

Silverado23
06-21-2016, 04:11 PM
That's interesting. I called the campground today and was told they do not participate in the Passport America discounts.. Am I missing something ????

It probably is the time period you are staying. Oktoberfest is specifically excluded along with rally rates and labor day.

From the amana rv park site: http://www.amanarvpark.com/Rates.html

"Discounts will be taken upon check-in at the park. Discount plans accepted in 2016 are Passport America, CampClub USA, WIT, Good Sam and AAA. Some discount plans may not be accepted over the Labor Day and during Oktoberfest holidays. Discounts may not be combined or used in conjunction with rally rates. "

Silverado23
06-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Don't forget to make your reservation soon for a site!

Silverado23
07-28-2016, 09:52 AM
If your thinking about attending this rally, Please call the campground as soon as possible and make a reserveration. Campground spaces are filling up because of Oktoberfest!

Campground office staff are available from 8am to 7pm (central time) to take reservations, the number to the reservation desk is 319-622-7616 Please be sure to indicate that you are attending the Heartland owners rally.

Rdsharp
08-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Silverado23
Is it to late to join in the fun? We just saw that this rally is happening and we would love to join in, we have just owned our Heartland Landmark 5th Wheel since April so this will be our 1st rally with the group. Please let us know. We were able to get a reservation at the RV park so I hope its not to late!!
Thanks,
Roger and Leslie sharp

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Silverado23
08-08-2016, 09:45 AM
Silverado23
Is it to late to join in the fun? We just saw that this rally is happening and we would love to join in, we have just owned our Heartland Landmark 5th Wheel since April so this will be our 1st rally with the group. Please let us know. We were able to get a reservation at the RV park so I hope its not to late!!
Thanks,
Roger and Leslie sharp

No, It is not too late to join the rally!

The Amana RV park has extended holding our unreserved sites until Friday August 12.
After August 12, The park will allow reservations to be made if any sites in the park are still available.

jbeletti
08-08-2016, 10:05 AM
I wish the rally was now because I am here at the campground!

Seriously though - Amana is a cool place to have a rally, especially around their Oktoberfest celebration. Wish we could make it for the 3rd time but can't do it this year.

Everyone already registered knows they'll have a blast. Those who are on the fence about this rally - time to "make the call".

Silverado23
08-08-2016, 10:22 AM
I wish the rally was now because I am here at the campground!

Seriously though - Amana is a cool place to have a rally, especially around their Oktoberfest celebration. Wish we could make it for the 3rd time but can't do it this year.

Everyone already registered knows they'll have a blast. Those who are on the fence about this rally - time to "make the call".

There are a ton of activities to do in the Amanas. Really, the best time to visit the Amanas is during their major Oktoberfest event.

Silverado23
08-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Last chance to get your site reserved today for the Iowa Chapter heartland rally!

Call before 5PM to get your site.

After Today August 12, The sites will be first come first serve and will not be guaranteed to be near the rest of us.

Please let me know if you have signed up and are not listed on the attendee list.

Jackson2
08-14-2016, 11:40 AM
Hello Silverado23.. Jack & Sharen Thompson will arrive on 9-29-16 and leave on 10-2-16. Sorry for signing up late. We are in Canada on our way home from Alaska.
Jack & Sharen Thompson #1343
2013 F250
2005 Landmark Golden Gate

Silverado23
08-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Hello Silverado23.. Jack & Sharen Thompson will arrive on 9-29-16 and leave on 10-2-16. Sorry for signing up late. We are in Canada on our way home from Alaska.
Jack & Sharen Thompson #1343
2013 F250
2005 Landmark Golden Gate

Jack and Sharen,

Thank you for joining us for the Rally. No problem for signing up late. Hopefully, you got your reservation made. We look forward to seeing you soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone that wishes to attend the Iowa Chapter rally is welcome to do so. Just let me know as soon as possible so that I can be sure everyone is included!
Please make a reservation as soon as possible. I don't know how much longer any site will be available. The park released the unreserved sites for anyone to reserve at this point.

piet10
08-20-2016, 12:36 PM
Please add Al and Linda Swanson to the list. I just made my reservation with the campground, they still have spots available.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Al

Silverado23
08-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Please add Al and Linda Swanson to the list. I just made my reservation with the campground, they still have spots available.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Al

I am happy to hear your joining us at the rally. Thank you for the update on spots.

We are happy to have anyone still interested to join us for the rally!

Dave1
09-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Please add Dave and Sally Marshall to the list. Called park today. Thanks.

2015 Cyclone.

Silverado23
09-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Please add Dave and Sally Marshall to the list. Called park today. Thanks.

2015 Cyclone.

I have you added, We'll see you in a few weeks!

Silverado23
09-08-2016, 04:27 PM
If anyone is still interested in attending the Amana rally, Call and make a reservation, Let me know and your still welcome to attend!

olcoon
09-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Well David, we were tentatively planning on coming up there, it was hinging on getting a call to work the sugar beet harvest. Well, we got the call the other day, so unfortunately we won't be able to make it. You know how it when you are needy & greedy!

jayc
09-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Does this mean that you'll be buying when we go to Mission? You'll have all that dirty 'ol beet money laying around...

olcoon
09-10-2016, 09:56 AM
LOL, I wish (or maybe YOU wish!). We are going to use it for that new driveway!!!

Silverado23
09-16-2016, 12:58 PM
The Iowa Chapter rally is just around the corner, It is not too late to join the fun! Make your reservation today and then let me know that you can join us in the Amanas!

chrizg
09-23-2016, 08:19 PM
We are working our way through Minnesota (in Duluth currently). Looking forward to it!

Silverado23
09-24-2016, 07:57 AM
If anyone has a coffeepot and is attending the rally, It would be helpful, if we can borrow it for the rally morning breakfasts....

Thank you!

TXBobcat
09-25-2016, 12:13 AM
I have been watching the weather in that area. Is the rain as bad as the forecasts? It seems like there is a lot of flooding??

BC

cookie
09-25-2016, 08:45 AM
BC, your an old salt, its only water.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23
09-25-2016, 07:30 PM
I have been watching the weather in that area. Is the rain as bad as the forecasts? It seems like there is a lot of flooding??

BC

Most of the rain is north of cedar rapids and is filling the cedar river. The flooding so far is looking to be a bit less than originally forecast.

The Iowa river mostly west and south of Cedar rapids does have some runoff due to heavy rains but the Coralville Reservoir is being used to control flooding further down stream where the Iowa and Cedar rivers converge before they flow into the Mississippi river.

Downtown Cedar Rapids is expecting to be flooded and sandbagging is being done to protect many businesses. There appears to be a curfew and travel restrictions along with closed roads affecting downtown Cedar Rapids.

TXBobcat
09-25-2016, 09:05 PM
BC, your an old salt, its only water.

Peace
Dave

Yeah.. but I still don't want to wake up floating down the river. I don't have a big enough paddle...

jimpav
09-29-2016, 07:51 AM
We met an unfortunate couple here at Little Wall Lake campground that have a big horn but no truck to pull it back to Texas. They unfortunately filled their dually with E85 instead of diesel. Would it be possible for them to join the rally BigHorn-less, and truck-less while their truck is getting repaired here in Ames? They have a rental car to use. Would their be a reasonable motel or someplace in the area for them to stay? To add insult to injury, the towing company put them on a a site here without full hookups. I hitched up my truck and pulled the Big Horn to a FHU site, but noticed I had no indication their brakes were working during the pull. Long story short, we opened the junction box by the king pin and found some loose wire nuts which cut the power to the brakes. Got that fixed anyway. At this point they have no indication of the engine damage, as they didn't notice anything was wrong until the truck died on the interstate. Might be a few days and just more than a tank drain and flush. Is there anything we can do for them?

Silverado23
09-29-2016, 08:32 AM
We met an unfortunate couple here at Little Wall Lake campground that have a big horn but no truck to pull it back to Texas. They unfortunately filled their dually with E85 instead of diesel. Would it be possible for them to join the rally BigHorn-less, and truck-less while their truck is getting repaired here in Ames? They have a rental car to use. Would their be a reasonable motel or someplace in the area for them to stay? To add insult to injury, the towing company put them on a a site here without full hookups. I hitched up my truck and pulled the Big Horn to a FHU site, but noticed I had no indication their brakes were working during the pull. Long story short, we opened the junction box by the king pin and found some loose wire nuts which cut the power to the brakes. Got that fixed anyway. At this point they have no indication of the engine damage, as they didn't notice anything was wrong until the truck died on the interstate. Might be a few days and just more than a tank drain and flush. Is there anything we can do for them?

Yes, they are welcome to join us.
Are they by chance Heartland owners club members? (either way they are welcome to join us). We can figure something out.

The best bet for a hotel is probably Coralville, Ia or Williamsburg, IA. or possibly a bed and breakfast place in the amanas.
Here is a list of places to stay.
http://www.amanacolonies.com/listingcategory/where-to-stay/

The closest hotels for the area are:
Heritage Inn Amana Colonies
Ramada Williamsburg & Wasserbahn Waterpark

I sent a PM with my phone if you want to call me.

Silverado23
09-29-2016, 12:40 PM
If your traveling through Cedar rapids or are thinking about Cedar rapids. There may only be one bridge open that crosses the flooded Cedar river. That would be the I-380 bridge.

From the south, The Wilson Ave on-ramp is open and the Hwy 30 interchange are about the only way to get onto I-380 from Cedar rapids. From the north there are a few more on-ramps open. Please check the Cedar rapids city website for road closures, etc.
http://www.cedar-rapids.org/alert_detail.php#Road-Closures

jimpav
10-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Just a quick thanks to the CHAPTER LEADER., Dave, and his family for hosting another great Oktoberfest Rally. Hope to come back next year!!!

Silverado23
10-03-2016, 12:47 PM
I thank everyone that attended the Oktoberfest Rally in the Amanas this year.

We had a great group that attended and it seems like everyone had a good time.

I am looking forward to having another Oktoberfest rally in the Amanas, hopefully in 2017.

cookie
10-03-2016, 02:16 PM
David, we sure missed being at your rally and Octoberfest.
Date permitting we will be there in 2017.

Peace
Dave

Silverado23
10-05-2016, 05:24 PM
David, we sure missed being at your rally and Octoberfest.
Date permitting we will be there in 2017.

Peace
Dave

Plan for next year. I am working on another Octoberfest Rally. Hopefully the RV Park will accommodate us again. Their Pioneer building worked out very well for us this year. I was even able to make a complete Roast Pork for everyone this year. I don't know how I can top that next year, Any ideas?

jimpav
10-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Plan for next year. I am working on another Octoberfest Rally. Hopefully the RV Park will accommodate us again. Their Pioneer building worked out very well for us this year. I was even able to make a complete Roast Pork for everyone this year. I don't know how I can top that next year, Any ideas?

That's great news for next year. How about a deal perhaps from Omaha steaks??? I wonder if they would be a sponsor??????