Air Conditioner Filter replacements?

cjbearden

Visitor
Has anyone changed the air conditioner filter in their BH? We have washed ours a few times but seems to be a little stretched. Size is about 8 x 14" and about 1/4" thin. Don't know what brand A/C we have and didn't receive a manual on it either to even find where to order replacement filters. If anyone has replaced their A/C filter, where did you find replacement?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Replacement filter

I have not changed mine although I have looked at it. It looks to be the same type of filter material used in household window air units. Nothing special. I would look for this at Home Depot, Wal*Mart or any store that sells window air conditioners. I have used it in the past. Cut it to size. I don't remember where I bought it.
Hope this helps.
Peace
Dave

HappyKayakers

We had a heck of a problem finding replacement material. Finally found sheets of foam filter at an RV dealer in Florida. Good luck in your search.

cjbearden

Visitor
Wally World to the Rescue

Found a sheet of filter at WM for $1.00 and it is big enough that we were able to cut three filters out of it!!! Located it in the house air filter section, size 15x24x1/4".

Rickhansen

The stock foam filter media doesn't do very much at at all. Filters are important to protect the evaporator coils from plugging up. I have used Filtrete high-efficiency (MERV11) filter fabric. I used find it in the big-box home improvement stores, but haven't seen it lately. The last time I needed some, I ended up buying a residential pleated filter in the cardboard frame, tore the frame off. and cut it to size with scissors. It works much better than the foam filter media, but be advise you have to change it far more frequently than you would normally wash out the OEM filter. That's because it works.