Our good luck

kowAlski631

We've been reading post after post regarding bad quality of construction of Heartland RVs lately. If we'd read these 4 years ago when we were comparing manufacturers and models, there's no way Heartland would have remained on our list. Thank goodness, they weren't there and we listened to our own instincts and read our own pro's and con's lists as well as touring factories before making our decision to buy our 2013 3670RL BH. We've not regretted that decision.

But - we address small problems before they become big ones; thoroughly inspect the trailer monthly (that means caulking and everything else); inspect the trailer, all around including tires before and each day's trip; call in the experts when we need help repairing things; never assume that when we tighten something it stays tightened forever. In other words, we watch our investment carefully and make sure it stays an asset, not a liability.

Did we have issues, you betcha. But frankly, we've been to focused on enjoying our BH to get hung up on those. Have fun, safe travels, and see you on the road!

Dean-Pam

I agree with you...we have been very happy with our Sundance. We have gone coast to coast and will be planning another one soon. I love all the mod's folks post and how most of the folks are very helpful. I have started reading some of the "don't mean to bash HL" posts with a grain of salt as it seems there are a very few who just like to beat a dead horse where it comes to their "problems". HL has been very good to me, to include fixing a frame flex problem I had and it was well out of warranty...they didn't have to do that. My brother-in-law had a similar problem with a SOB and he was basically told "sorry Charlie" and they did nothing to help him. Keep up the good work HL and I will continue to speak highly. I also do all the maintenance suggestions the more senior members have recommended and I firmly believe this is why we enjoy our trips. Got to go now, have to do some work on my stick built home...they should improve their QC for these SB homes....

TxCowboy

Totally agree! We've been lucky, I guess. But I'm also a stickler for preventative maintenance. I crawl over, under, around, and sometimes through, as much of my RVs as possible.

And the "logic" of bad mouthing HL because a sub-component fails is totally lost on me unless it was proven to have been installed incorrectly (I'm thinking air conditioner seals and such).