Refrigerator Condensation Drain Hose - Replacement??

Handy

A Florida camper
I have a highorn that is about 1-1/2 years old now and the hose that drains the water out of the refrigerator is shot. It is so rotten that I will soon have to replace it. My old unit was 12 years old and never cracked apart like this one is. The hose on this unit is white and my old unit had a black hose on it. I have called the RV dealers here where I live and all they have is the white ones. Has anyone replace there refrigerator hose and had it just fall apart in there hands? I am looking for a better hose to replace it with.

talley

Replaced mine a couple of weeks ago. Went to Lowe's plumbing section and got about 5-6 feet of clear vinyl hose. Take along the strainer from the end of your old hose to be sure it fits (keeps bugs out). Hose connection/drain is at top of refg. Access on my 2006 Bighorn is the top vent of the refg compartment. It is rather difficult to manuver and remove/replace clamp... but can be done.

Good Luck

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Jack, I just checked my hose on our 3670R (one year old) and it also fell apart in my hand!:mad::mad::mad: So its off to Lowes for replacement......

HappyKayakers

We've been fulltiming in our BH for just over 2 years. The section of drain hose that remains outside the access panel was naturally subject to continuous UV and deteriorated but the rest of the hose was still in good shape. So, like Talley, I went to Lowes (or maybe HD) and got clear hose and a barbed coupler. Now, the clear hose is hanging outside and I have plenty of extra to use when it degrades.
If you're going to change the entire hose, make sure the frig has been off for awhile. While I was digging around inside the top access panel, I picked up a nasty burn on my forearm.