2015 f250 Superduty pulling Greystone 32re

Rbfleming

My f250 is squatting in the rear when pulling our 2011 Greystone 32 RE. The ride and handling is good but I am getting a lot of high beam flashes at night. I don't want to make it ride any rougher than it does as it is also my daily driver. I am considering air bags, any suggestions?

DW_Gray

My f250 is squatting in the rear when pulling our 2011 Greystone 32 RE. The ride and handling is good but I am getting a lot of high beam flashes at night. I don't want to make it ride any rougher than it does as it is also my daily driver. I am considering air bags, any suggestions?

Sure, you can add air bags to level a vehicle that is not overloaded on the rear axle. And that is an important issue you may need to address. Have you weighed your rig to ensure the truck's GVWR and rear GAWR are not exceeded? No air bags can correct that.

Go to Fifth Wheel St. where you can find an easy 4-step plan to get a 13 point weight safety report.

Firestone is good. That's what I use on my dually.

ncc1701e

What is your pin weight? Pullina a 3310CL Sundance which is real close to your Graystone. Practically no squat on truck. I do have airbags but usualy only run 10psi in them.

mlburst1

We have Firestone airbags on our F250 - usually run at 25psi and we are perfectly level.

Our rig and TV have been weighed twice at Heartland rallies and we are within specs.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Add airbags to level out the tow vehicle. Also you should get your rig weighed. Individual wheel weights are the best but if you can get that at least stop by a Pilot truck stop and weigh the rig/tow vehicle combo and then the tow vehicle by itself. Then you can figure your pin weight. We have Firestone Air Bags with an Airlift Wireless controller. We love it an the wireless controller allows us to change the inflation while moving. The Airlift Controller includes an on-board compressor.

agpopp

Just went through this for hauling my 2800 Sundance. The issue with my truck is the fact that the FX4 package sits level because of larger spacers under the front coils make the rear seem that much lower when the 5th wheel is hooked up.
Get the the Firestone bags, Part F2550 fit mine, I ordered from E-Trailer and showed them the Amazon price- they beat it by 10%. Now, after installing them last weekend, I decided I would like on-board air. I found that Air-Lift is running a $75 rebate on the Load Controller I kit. I found it at Advance for a reasonable price, then stacked a coupon code and now after rebate it will be a little over 100 bucks- should be here tommorrow and I'll install this weekend. So far the bags are a major improvement and fit really well.
Do yourself a favor and drop the spare and remove the heat shield for the installation and it should take no longer than 3-4 hours start to finish on the garage floor.
BTW I run a BW companion and the bag brackets use the same bolt through the frame with no issue.
Good luck.

rpotter

I have the wireless airlift compressor with Firestone airbags on my 2015 f350. I love the wireless control because I have seen temperature changes in a week that will cause the wireless monitor to kick in for a second of two. I put the airbags on for a better ride and to minimize the long term stress on my springs hauling my fifth wheel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diamondjim

Just went through this for hauling my 2800 Sundance. The issue with my truck is the fact that the FX4 package sits level because of larger spacers under the front coils make the rear seem that much lower when the 5th wheel is hooked up.
Get the the Firestone bags, Part F2550 fit mine, I ordered from E-Trailer and showed them the Amazon price- they beat it by 10%. Now, after installing them last weekend, I decided I would like on-board air. I found that Air-Lift is running a $75 rebate on the Load Controller I kit. I found it at Advance for a reasonable price, then stacked a coupon code and now after rebate it will be a little over 100 bucks- should be here tommorrow and I'll install this weekend. So far the bags are a major improvement and fit really well.
Do yourself a favor and drop the spare and remove the heat shield for the installation and it should take no longer than 3-4 hours start to finish on the garage floor.
BTW I run a BW companion and the bag brackets use the same bolt through the frame with no issue.
Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got off the phone with E-Trailer and ordered both the Firestone Air Bags and the Air-Lift compressor from them using their coupons and match lowest price deal over Amazon best price.

I'm towing a 2011 Greystone 32RL, with a '05 RAM2500 HD (both new to me) and will be looking forward to installing and using, AND getting the rig weighed. Seems we've been getting lots done to this rig since returning to FL with our "new" toys. ;)
It pays to read this forum, for sure.:angel:

Happy trails ♪♫♪♪♫

agpopp

Thanks for the heads up. Just got off the phone with E-Trailer and ordered both the Firestone Air Bags and the Air-Lift compressor from them using their coupons and match lowest price deal over Amazon best price.

I'm towing a 2011 Greystone 32RL, with a '05 RAM2500 HD (both new to me) and will be looking forward to installing and using, AND getting the rig weighed. Seems we've been getting lots done to this rig since returning to FL with our "new" toys. ;)
It pays to read this forum, for sure.:angel:

Happy trails ♪♫♪♪♫

Glad I could help, you will love the bags for sure. I got the Load Controller kit in the mail today and I'll let you know how I like it. I really wanted to add an air tank, but for 100 bucks to get this entire kit, I figured I'd start small.
Good luck with your install.

agpopp

Glad I could help, you will love the bags for sure. I got the Load Controller kit in the mail today and I'll let you know how I like it. I really wanted to add an air tank, but for 100 bucks to get this entire kit, I figured I'd start small.
Good luck with your install.

Got the Air Lift Load Controller II installed yesterday- nice little kit. Put the compressor under the truck between two cab floor braces on the outside of the frame. I will make a splash shield for it just in case. I set the min. pressure on the switch to 10 lbs and got dash light power from the power pedal illumination. Total with the rebate was $102. Really hard to beat!