Electric Recliner BROKE

Steve_O

Someone help me quick... The electric recliner in my Cyclone 4200 has quit working! In the OPEN position! I cannot bring the slide in with the recliner out! I have checked all the electrical connections as best as I can, it simply wont recline. Please someone tell me they know something about them???

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 69

jbeletti

What I know about them based on my own experience with them over the years is there are several electrical connections.

One at the wall. One at the output of the power supply and one if not two more under the unit. I suggest you find, unplug and replug each of these. Then of course the obvious - making sure the outlet has power :)

AAdams

One of our recliners, which looks a little different than yours, has a problem at the controller. The top fitting comes just slightly loose on occasion and the chair stops working. It took a while to find out what the problem was since it looked like it was plugged in, but had actually came out about a 1/8". I attached a photo of the connections that come loose on mine. Hope this helps.
Chair Controller.jpg

GOTTOYS

Feel sorry for you, wish I had an answer. Can you partially disassemble it to at least get the slide closed until you find the answer? One more reason not to have the latest in do-dads. My manual Lazy Boys have never given me a problem...Don

bobca1

I had the same problem recliner got stuck in the out position, I checked the plugs but they were all seated properly, so I had to take the screws out that attached the arms to the motor and bungee cord the foot rest down. When I got back home the motor was working again, so I put it back together. Then about a month later the other electric recliner stopped working fortunately this time in closed position. I unplugged the working one so it would not get stuck again. I would gladly opt for manual if I had that option.

danemayer

Someone help me quick... The electric recliner in my Cyclone 4200 has quit working! In the OPEN position! I cannot bring the slide in with the recliner out! I have checked all the electrical connections as best as I can, it simply wont recline. Please someone tell me they know something about them???

Make sure there's power to the outlet.

bobca1

Make sure there's power to the outlet.
Not sure if the 4200 is the same, but on my 3110 both recliners are connected to same power supply, so if both are not working then yes good chance no power making it to the shared power supply.

BLHFUN

Mine did the same. It turned out the cord was partially connected at the motor. The cord connects at the wall, the motor and has a connection between at a power unit. That 4 connections that need to be checked. If you still have issues, remove the cord from another unit and swap the power units, cords, etc. if you Still can't get it to work, remove the two screws on the motor drive and recline it by hand. Very simple fix.

bobca1

I had the same problem recliner got stuck in the out position, I checked the plugs but they were all seated properly, so I had to take the screws out that attached the arms to the motor and bungee cord the foot rest down. When I got back home the motor was working again, so I put it back together. Then about a month later the other electric recliner stopped working fortunately this time in closed position. I unplugged the working one so it would not get stuck again. I would gladly opt for manual if I had that option.
The problem has been identified by rv shop on my second recliner that stopped working. Bad motor. So it's not always just the power cord...

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk