Wobbly Dining Table

Okay, this trailer is brand spanking new. I removed the dining table to make a bed once. Then, I reassembled the table. Now it's all cattywompus and wobbly. Do I need to use a hammer, or is there a kinder/gentler way to get it fitting tight again. Duct tape is not a solution in this situation. It's brand new, and oughta work.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

'Lil Guy'

OK, what rig are you talking about and what type of set up? Is it he pedestal type like on boats? Sounds like you are talking about a booth seating arrangement. This shouldn't be that complicated. If you would, post back with a description of what you have to work with, I'm sure there is a simple fix on this forum.

danemayer

Okay, this trailer is brand spanking new. I removed the dining table to make a bed once. Then, I reassembled the table. Now it's all cattywompus and wobbly. Do I need to use a hammer, or is there a kinder/gentler way to get it fitting tight again. Duct tape is not a solution in this situation. It's brand new, and oughta work.

thanks.

Is the problem that it doesn't work? Or perhaps someone can show you how it goes back together correctly. Maybe the dealer who sold it to you.

Or if you can post a picture, maybe someone who has the same thing can spot what's wrong.

It is a Heartland Sundance XLT 281DB Travel Trailer, and I think I found the problem. Three of the four brackets that the two legs go into are broke. The poor quality if craftsmanship continues to amaze me on this rig (I feel awful calling it a rig). What a pain. I just wanted to take it off the lot and go camping. I've got a running tally of a dozen or more discrepancies that were not identified at the dealer, because I guess you really have to use the camper to find its faults.
imagejpeg

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Welcome to the world of RV'ing. All rigs will have something that needs to be corrected. Your table is not mfg by Heartland. If your water heater goes out, Heartland did not make that. If your tires blow out, Don't blame Heartland...that's right Heartland did not make them.

Just keep your list and have your dealer work on them. Good luck...........

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service and with your VIN# they just might send you the new parts you need to repair the table. Quick and easy. BTW, did you do a PDI before you took the trailer or just hook up and leave??

Call HL service and with your VIN# they just might send you the new parts you need to repair the table. Quick and easy. BTW, did you do a PDI before you took the trailer or just hook up and leave??

I like the idea of contacting them for new parts. We did a PDI. I understood how the table worked and didn't need a demonstration. Some things you just find out while you are using them. Like the CD player doesn't accept discs, the LED lighting in the storage area fell off. The cabinet doors are coming apart. The installers left a mess of their work under the cabinets, and used "cold water only" lines for hot water.

And, I can certainly blame Heartland. They're name is on the final product. As the end user, I should only have to contact one entity, the dealer, and Heartland should own up to every discrepancy associated with the camper whether it was a bad batch of cables they installed, or if the caulking needs to be redone.

This RV ownership is going to be fun. Unfortunately, I'm traveling a whole lot right now, and can't afford to put the camper in a shop for maintenance. Maybe they can extend my warranty.

Thanks for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Their name. Got it.

danemayer

And, I can certainly blame Heartland. They're name is on the final product. As the end user, I should only have to contact one entity, the dealer, and Heartland should own up to every discrepancy associated with the camper whether it was a bad batch of cables they installed, or if the caulking needs to be redone.

This RV ownership is going to be fun. Unfortunately, I'm traveling a whole lot right now, and can't afford to put the camper in a shop for maintenance. Maybe they can extend my warranty.
Your trailer came with a manual that includes a written warranty explaining how the warranty works and what is and isn't covered, and by whom.