Residential refrigerator frozen condensation line

meagle

Those who have a residential refrigerator in your Landmark have you had an issue with the condensation opening to the drain line freezing? I discovered the problem due to a wet floor. During the defrost cycle water was leaking to the bottom of the freezer then to the floor. Upon investigation I discovered that the condensation line opening in the freezer was frozen over. After thawing the freezer I was able to determine that the line is patent ( I poured water into it and observe it coming out of the exit port).

jbeletti

Wondering if you're missing a condensation tray? I haven't looked at mine but I believe there is a condensation tray of some sort at the bottom of the refrigerator.
Google ChromeScreenSnapz048.jpg

jbeletti

Are you referring to the large black tray under the refrigerator? If so it is in place.

Yes. I'm suggesting that what should be draining into it - isn't. Just a hunch.

Also, are you 100% certain you don't have a water leak from the ice maker line at the valve on the back bottom corner of the refer?

meagle

The pan is in place and when I poured water into the opening of the condensation line in the freezer it exited into the pan. I have the water shut off to the ice maker and faucet in the refrigerator door. It has been off for months now. I plan on keeping it off permanently since I had to replace my entire slide floor due to a slow but constant leak from that line that ruined the floor, some cabinets, and some case work.