PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: AB, Hinton - 6/16/2016 to 6/19/2016

rfournelle
01-27-2016, 04:27 PM
50409 Highway16, Hinton, AB T7V 1X3

Venue:
------------------------------

KOA Hinton/Jasper
50409 Highway16
Hinton, AB T7V 1X3
Jim Brown (brownkoa4@shaw.ca) 1 888-562-4714 (after April 1st)
koa.com/campgrounds/hinton/ (http://koa.com/campgrounds/hinton/)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held: 25
Register by end of day 6/1/2016
Site fee: $$49.73 (includes tax, cable, wifi, pets) per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee:
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 6/18/2016
Potluck time: 6:00pm

Event Leader: rfournelle(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=3792)

Additional Info:
This rally is our first Canada West region rally! Please note this rally starts on Thursday June 16th.

Reservations are open NOW - Book online at http://koa.com/campgrounds/hinton/. In the comments section, please indicate you are part of the Heartland Owners Club. The rate will be adjusted afterwards.

VISA and MasterCard cards are accepted.

ATTENDEES

Bob & Christine Fournelle
Richard & Arlene Cherry
Doug & Lynne Ollis
Don & Janina Ewart
Clifford & Gail Kary
Wayne & Donna Armstrong
Jack & Sharen Thompson
Malcolm & Lee-Ann McTaggart
Brian & Beverley Gauntlett
Joe Nicholson & Lisa MacKay
Herb & Mary Greulich

CANADA-WEST PRELIMINARY RALLY AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15th

EARLY ARRIVALS DINNER (6pm) @ JASPER BREWING COMPANY PUB & EATERY www.jasperbrewingco.ca (http://www.jasperbrewingco.ca)

NOTE: Jasper Discovery Passes: $19.60 Daily Family Pass, valid for 2-7 people in the same vehicle. A one-day pass is valid until 4:00 p.m. the next day. For those attending the Early Arrivals Dinner, take advantage of this pass to visit many of the attractions in and around Jasper National Park on Thursday!

THURSDAY, JUNE 16TH

OFFICIAL RALLY REGISTRATION & SIGN-IN
“BOSTON PIZZA MEAT & GREET” @ 6:00 P.M. provided by the Heartland Owners Club

FRIDAY, JUNE 17TH

TIM HORTON’S COFFEE & BREAKFAST PASTRIES, MUFFINS, CROISSANTS & BAGELS @ 8:30 A.M. provided by the Heartland Owners Club
Afternoon at leisure for sightseeing or enjoy an afternoon of golf at Hinton Golf Club www.hintongolfclub.com (http://www.hintongolfclub.com)
CAMPETIZER NIGHT & QUIZ @ 6:OO P.M. Bring a salad, dessert or appetizer to share. Club to provide DELI & CHEESE Platters

SATURDAY, June 18TH

TIM HORTON’S COFFEE & BREAKFAST PASTRIES, MUFFINS, CROISSANTS & BAGELS @ 8:30 A.M. provided by the Heartland Owners Club
TRAILER TALK @ 9:00 A.M.
CANADA-WEST RALLY GROUP PHOTO @ 11:00 A.M.
GROUP EVENT: JASPER SKYTRAM @ 1:00 PM

COST $33.56 (31.96 + 5% GST)

Note: The Heartland Owners club will subsidize $10 towards the price of admission.

After boarding the longest and highest guided aerial tramway in Canada, prepare to be amazed as you gain a brand new perspective of Jasper’s stunning National Park.
Your seven minute flight aboard the Jasper SKYTRAM will take you to an altitude of 2277 metres (7472 ft) and into a whole new world. Along the way, your fully trained and knowledgeable flight attendant will be on hand to point out the many sights and answer your questions.
As your SKYTRAM gently touches down at the high alpine Upper Station, step out into a mountain top experience that the whole family will cherish. With endless views of six mountain ranges, glacially fed lakes, rivers and of course the mountain town of Jasper. A flight on the Jasper SKYTRAM will truly heighten your senses.

POTLUCK DINNER @ 6:00 P.M.

SUNDAY, June 19th

BREAKFAST (to be confirmed) provided by the Heartland Owners Club

FAREWELLS TO THOSE HEADING HOME

wfwilson
01-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Bob and Christine
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are sure this will be a good time for all.
Wayne and Gayle

DougLynne
01-31-2016, 01:29 AM
Lynne and I plan to be there. Doug

dundee49
01-31-2016, 02:32 AM
Arlene and I plan to be there as well.

DougLynne
01-31-2016, 03:20 PM
We're booked in. Can't wait.

Joe-N
01-31-2016, 04:36 PM
Ever since we bought our rv back in 2012 we have wanted to go to one of the rallies , well this year we are going , before it was always to busy and using the rv to live in . Now as work everywhere is either gone or severly cut back I have the time . So looking forward to meeting a lot of new people this weekend already booked and cant wait to get the rv out.

dundee49
01-31-2016, 10:11 PM
Good to hear that you will be able to come to the Regional rally Joe. Keep watching the updates on the Alberta/BC Facebook page to find out where people are camping and hopefully you can hook up with some of us this summer.

Jackson2
02-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Hello. We are going to be passing thru your area about this time so we plan to arrive on 6-15 and move on down the road on 6-20. Hope to visit with our northern family of campers.
Jack & Sharen Thompson
Steward, IL USA

2013 F-250
2005 Landmark Golden Gate

rfournelle
02-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Hello. We are going to be passing thru your area about this time so we plan to arrive on 6-15 and move on down the road on 6-20. Hope to visit with our northern family of campers.
Jack & Sharen Thompson
Steward, IL USA

2013 F-250
2005 Landmark Golden Gate

That would be great Jack & Sharen. It's always a pleasure to see our American friends.

Bob

cgkary
02-07-2016, 11:11 AM
We are booked in as well & look forward to seeing everyone again. Gail

rfournelle
02-07-2016, 01:27 PM
We are booked in as well & look forward to seeing everyone again. Gail

That's great Gail. Christine & I are looking forward to meeting you at the rally.

Hi5Chubby
02-18-2016, 12:14 PM
My wife Donna and I are new to the Heartland group and will be join you in Hiton come June
We Owen a 2015 prowler 25 xl and are pulling it with a 2015 serria 2500 4 x 4 HD

rfournelle
02-18-2016, 04:18 PM
Great news! Looking forward to meeting you. I have added you and Donna as attendees in post #1.

DougLynne
02-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Welcome, Wayne and Donna, looking forward to meeting you and hopefully you can attend an Alberta Chapter Rally soon. Doug

McTaggart
03-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Lee-Ann and I plan to be there. Malcolm

rfournelle
03-03-2016, 03:35 PM
We've updated post #1 with more attendees, Jack & Sharen Thompson as well as Malcolm & Lee-Ann McTaggart.

Only three months to go.:)

Hi5Chubby
03-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Donna and i booked are spot back in January along with the boss The Dash Hound
Looking forward to meet other Heartlanders

rfournelle
03-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Post #1 has been updated with a revised preliminary agenda with more details. Some details have yet to be finalized.

Only three months to go!:o

rfournelle
03-21-2016, 03:22 PM
Hi fellow members,

We are experiencing a “hint” of spring which is appropriate as our Canada-West Rally in “Hinton, Alberta” is just under three months away. For fellow Canadians, it is going to be a dry spring with no team to cheer on to the Stanley Cup. So, the next best thing is to get out the RV and plan to attend your first or another great Heartland Owners Club rallies. You will not be disappointed!
We currently have 10 members registered for the event and would certainly like to see this number grow. If you were thinking of coming but just haven’t gotten around to it yet, book now and let us know you are coming so we can add you to the attendee list. This will also help us get a better sense of numbers to begin finalizing arrangements.
Join us in making our first Canadian Region Rally a resounding success!

Kinguni
03-26-2016, 07:19 AM
A little too far (OK way too far) for a weekend trip and holidays aren't until late August.

rfournelle
04-03-2016, 07:01 AM
Let's give a big welcome to Brian & Beverley Gauntlett who will be joining us at the rally!

This will be their first rally and let show them how much fun these are.

rfournelle
04-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Group event for Jasper Skytram has been updated in Post #1 (identified in red font).

rfournelle
04-10-2016, 04:32 PM
We have Joe Nicholson & Lisa MacKay registered for the rally.

Christine & I are looking forward to meeting both of you.

rfournelle
04-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Let's welcome Herb & Mary Greulich who will be joining us at the rally.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

rfournelle
04-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Our Canada-West rally is only 8 weeks away! We are looking forward to travelling to Alberta and meeting our fellow Heartland RV Club members.

With the rally date approaching, we would like to get an idea of those interested in the following:

JASPER SKYTRAM @ 12:00 NOON (Admission subsidized by the Heartland Owners Club in the amount of $10.00/person) Member Cost: $33.56 - $10.00 ($23.56)/person.

Date: Friday, June 17th (# of tickets required)

EARLY ARRIVALS DINNER @ JASPER BREWING COMPANY PUB & EATERY.

Date: Wednesday, June 15th (Plan to attend / # of individuals)

Afternoon of GOLF at the Hinton Golf Club. Date: Saturday, June 18th

Potluck Dinner – What are you bringing?!

For those who have registered, please get back to us with your information.

For those who have not yet registered, consider attending our Canada-West Rally in Jasper, Alberta! Once you register, let us know if would like to attend any of the events noted above.

jennygeddes
04-24-2016, 05:43 PM
we may be able to come. We have just sold up and will be in our 5th wheel for several months while we hunt for a house. Can you please direct me to the registration page. Thank you
Carole

rfournelle
04-25-2016, 08:16 AM
we may be able to come. We have just sold up and will be in our 5th wheel for several months while we hunt for a house. Can you please direct me to the registration page. Thank you
Carole

Hi Carole,

The registration instructions are included in post #1 of this thread.

You should know, however, that while non-club members can attend chapter rallies at a nominal cost of $20/rig, Regional rallies are substantially subsidized by Heartland and as such, only club members can participate in them.

You can join the club using this link: https://heartlandowners.org/vbMemberManager.php

Benefits for joining the club can be found at this link: https://heartlandowners.org/club/membership-benefits/

The cost for joining the club is minimal considering the benefits, especially being able to attend any of Heartland Owners club rallies for free.

Hopefully, we can meet you at the Canada West regional rally in Hinton/Jasper.

Regards, Bob

Jackson2
04-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Jack and Sharen would like to be included for dinner at Jasper Brewing Co. and also the Jasper Skytram .. Thank You and see everybody in a few weeks!!

rfournelle
04-25-2016, 03:00 PM
Great! We'll see you in Hinton.

Bob

jennygeddes
04-27-2016, 07:20 PM
Thank you, we are looking into the benefits of joining the club. We still may make it toHinton. Nice cg, we have stayed there .

rfournelle
05-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone,

There is still time to sign up for the Canada-West Region Rally in Jasper, Alberta June 16th – 19th. We currently have 12 registered and are reaching out to you to consider joining us if your schedule permits. We are looking for at least 3 more attendees to reach a threshold of 15 by June 1st. Please reach out to your fellow members and encourage them to attend.

As of May 22nd, we have the following:

• 10 confirmed for the Early Arrivals Dinner @ Jasper Brewing Company

• 11 confirmed for the Jasper SkyTram.

For this event, we need a minimum of 15 individuals to qualify for the discounted rate ($31.96). The regular rate is $39.95. Both are plus 5% GST.
And remember, the HOC is subsidizing this event by $10/person.

• 3 (maybe 4) are interested in Golf. The Hinton Golf & Country Club spectacular course lies in the heavily forested foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Its fairways meander over rolling hills and through tall spruce trees. The modest length of the forward tees at 5082 yards accommodates the recreational player while stretching up to 6500 yards at the back tees provides even the best players with a challenging, scenic round of golf. The club was formed in 1962, opening with nine holes, and expanding to eighteen holes in 1993.

The course is located 4 km (2 miles from the Campground)

GREEN FEES (GST is not included)

Adult - 9 holes $36.19
Adult - 18 holes $57.14
Senior- 65+ - 18 holes $52.38

Carts are $25 ($12.50/person) for 9 holes and $40 ($20/person). These prices include GST.

If you have registered but have not provided your interest in dinner/SkyTram/golf. Please let us know as soon as possible.

For those registering now, please send us an email to confirm and to indicate your interest in the above.

rfournelle
05-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Agenda updated in post #1. SkyTram is now scheduled for Saturday @ 1:00PM.

Jackson2
05-29-2016, 07:48 PM
We will be bringing corn casserole for our dish to pass for the potluck dinner. Jack & Sharen

rfournelle
05-30-2016, 06:18 AM
We will be bringing corn casserole for our dish to pass for the potluck dinner. Jack & Sharen

That's great Jack & Sharen.

See you in two weeks.

Halfpinttoo
06-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Hello. I am so sorry but Herb and I will not be able to attend this Rally due to health reasons. I have already cancelled the reservations for KOA. Sad to miss this one but hope to attend another one in the near future.
herb and Mary

rfournelle
06-11-2016, 08:32 AM
Hello. I am so sorry but Herb and I will not be able to attend this Rally due to health reasons. I have already cancelled the reservations for KOA. Sad to miss this one but hope to attend another one in the near future.
herb and Mary

Sorry to hear Mary & Herb. Get well soon.

rfournelle
06-14-2016, 08:57 PM
Christine & I are in Edmonton having visited with Christine's relative the last couple of days.

We’ll be heading to Hinton tomorrow morning. We’ll probably be arriving around noon. We’ll be busy making the final arrangements with our suppliers in the afternoon. Then we will be heading to the early arrivals dinner. I believe we have five couples who will be attending. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

rfournelle
06-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone!

We have just completed our first Canada Region rally in Hinton/ Jasper AB :D. What a beautiful part of Canada this is.

Arrived in Ottawa safe and sound yesterday afternoon.

We would like to thank everyone who attended our first Canada-West Heartland Owners Club rally! It was a sincere pleasure meeting all of you and we hope you enjoyed yourselves. Although the weather was not perfect, it certainly did not stop us from enjoying the campground and the local attractions especially the SkyTram. It was a picture-perfect day with incredible views!

Our thanks to all the cooks who provided such delicious munchies at our Campetizer Night and the Potluck!

Here are some photos taken by us during the rally. Enjoy!

https://heartlandowners.org/album.php?albumid=648

DougLynne
06-22-2016, 12:00 AM
Thank you Bob and Christine for all their hard work and planning to make the Rally a success. Can't wait for the next one. Once word spreads perhaps the next one will have a few more rigs. Doug

McTaggart
06-23-2016, 09:15 PM
Yes, Thank you Bob and Christine for planning this Rally. Lee-Ann and I enjoyed being there and meeting new friends. We are looking forward to the next Rally, especially now that our fridge is repaired. Very happy we could make it to the Rally especially since the province of S has had thunderstorm go through and start 20 plus fires today. Malcolm