3110DS couch slide ripped a hole in my lino

judybuddy

So my question is.

Is the tapered edge of the black piece of wood that slides on the carpet and then the floor susposed to face the ceiling or the floor. Mine faces the ceiling and therefore there is a sharp corner of wood that slides on the floor verses a smoth taper.

We took it by the dealer today and their fix would be to grind the offending corner to have an angle of attack and glue the lino down. I told them I would fix it myself.

The only correct fix in my mind would be to have the complete lino floor replaced. That would involve removing everything from inside the unit and installing new lino. And in the process of doing that redesign the peice of wood that riped the hole in the first place.

Since we have only had the unit about a month and used it once and now have a hole in the lino, I think we should be sent a replacement. After all we paid a heck of a lot of money for it and ended up with a mess like this. How would you feel if it was you who had this happen and what would you accept as a repair. Patched lino and the chance that it would keep happening or a redesigned replacement unit.

I have down loaded the instructions for the slider from the Lippert web site and did not see a way of adjusting the tilt of the slide as it comes into the unit. It is very extreme at the moment which put a very high load on the corner of the wood that is sliding on the lino.

I can provide photos if you like.

Thanks,
Buddy

jbeletti

Hi Buddy,

This is a bit more involved than what can be dealt with here on the ATF forum by the Brand Manager. It's going to take some interaction with Heartland Customer Service. I have asked them to contact you. Expect to receive an email or PM from them to start the ball rolling. Thanks. Jim.

Forrest Fetherolf

Buddy,

If you have photos, post them on this forum for all to see. It is possible several of us with a similar problem can advise you how the fix. Several things could cause this problem to occur, slide alignment, defective rollers, etc.

Forrest

judybuddy

Floor slide

Jim, thanks for forwarding the message to the factory. Jim Fenner replied and I replied back on the floor issue and other things we have discovered.

Forest, I do have photos and I do appreciate your offer of help. However since I am in correspondence with Jim Fenner at the factory. I believe it would be best not to post outside of our correspondence till it is resolved.

Jim, you can ask Jim Fenner if he minded if I posted a link to the photos.

So I will leave the photo question with Jim.

I just want to say that I firmly believe the more information that is shared on this site the better we all are, both as customers and as manufacturers.

Best regards to all,

Buddy

From Admin: Buddy, in the interest of sharing information - go ahead and post your pictures. That you are working with the factory on this directly and not back and forth within the forum, I have moved your thread here to Razor - Exterior that includes slide issues. Thanks. Jim Beletti

judybuddy

Thanks Jim.
Here is a link to the photos. They show a few issues.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563509979WXBaIs

1. The rear of the larger slide does not close all the way and the fender halfs don't line up. However the decals are lined up.
2. On both of the walls on the larger slideout, between the end of the wall and the trim at the end of the wall, it appears that the carpet was not trimed properly and the excess carpet goes up about .5 inches between the end of the wall and the trim, which prevents the trim from attaching to the end of the wall. There is also some vinyl material from the exterior of the wall folded in there.
3. The tear in the lino floor.
4. The tilt on the slideout.

judybuddy

The factory told me to take it to one of their dealers of my choice and they would coordinate with them to resolve my issues. I think that was great of them and I appreciate their support and prompt reply. They regretted me having these issues with the unit and said that is why the warranties are important.

I told them that I would fix them my self, as I would just feel better doing it that way.

Some will say "if your going to fix it your self, why did you bring it up in the first place", my answer is the more time you have to think things over and evaluate your options, your course of action might change, mine did and I decided that all the corrective actions were within my capabilities and therefore I will fix them.

I'm sure I will have questions and I will post them here.

Thanks to Forest for his offer on help and to Jim in his moderators decisions.

Happy RVing everyone,

Buddy

lev622

I just went out and looked at our slide and it has done about the same thing. I dont have ripped lino but the black piece of wood has come lose from the slide. It looks like somebody didn't use long enough screws. I guess I will be making an appointment with the dealer.
Lev