Hot water heater placement

Noofear

I've got a 2015 Big Horn model 3875 FB, would have been nice if they wouldn't have placed the hot water heater exhaust directly under the tall window in the bedroom. Prevents using that window if using propane to heat the water. Bad design idea.

Also why even place the hot water heater on the off street side directly under the awning and next to the speakers for the outdoor entertainment center. Someone could get accidentally burned. Why not put it on the street side along with the UDC and the furnace exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ksucats

I've noticed this placement on quite a few coaches during the recent Kansas City RV show - not limited to Heartland. I also noticed a couple that had the coach furnace inlet/outlets next to it as well. Don't understand it - I agree with you - it is an accident (someone or something getting burned) just waiting to happen.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My water heater is on the door side. When we got this coach I thought why didn't they put it on the off door side.
Well after getting behind the wall in the basement I saw that it was the only place it could be done.
So depending on your floor plan that will determine where the water heater is placed.
Oh, and I or anyone else have ever been burned.

Peace
Dave