Stress of Retirement

'Lil Guy'

We've been looking forward to this for a long time and it's finally here. We listed our house a week ago last Wednesday and it sold in a week. We have to be out by the end of February. Now the stress begins. I'll work through the end of the month but in the mean time we need to downsize, then move what we want to keep to our retirement place in Jacksonville,Texas. Finally get to become any timers or most of the timers which is our plan. To add to this is the major insurance changes for both of us and I'm siting here with my top and bottom gums sewn up in the process of getting dentures which won't be complete until the later part of February. I'm sure it will all work out well for us but the times are pretty stressfull at this point.
I'm sure I can find plenty to do with my time but it sure feels funny knowing my work days are coming to an end. Our plans are to travel the States and see all that we can. We've kind of mapped out our 1st run and have included some rallies along the way. Be good to stop in periodically and visit with others along the way. We're looking at other rallies to possibly attend during our travels. Joining the Heartland Owners Club was one of the best things we have done. The idea of seeing old friends and making new ones during our travels is such a huge plus.
I'm headed back out to the garage to get started. Stressed, excited and ready to get on the road. Hope to see a lot of you during our travels. Later and have a great day.

jbeletti

Wow Frank - that's great news on the home!

We too got a contract in about a week from signing with our realtor. We accepted a contingent contract so it still could fall apart - but we're hopeful.

Wishing you all the best in the next steps.

dlw930

Congratulations Frank and Jim (and Debbie and Nancy)!! I can attest to the fact that the last month or so before closing on the house can be very stressful and busy. We have completed our downsizing and now have our rig backed in the driveway for the next week, cleaning and loading it in anticipation of our departure next week. Hang in there! The adventure will be worth it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbvols

I can imagine both the stress and excitement. Congratulations I am sure your retirement is well earned and deserved. No more four letter word for you...work!
I Hope to meet you all some day. I have read several of your posts you really seem to have fun and enjoy life. Perhaps we'll cross paths at a rally and have a "cold one or two or...." Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

It is so worth it!! Everything will fall into place and you'll wonder how you ever had time to work. Congrats and welcome to the club!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Congrats . . . enjoy the road!

We plan on retiring in 10-12 years . . .

Can't wait!

Of course, by then we'll need a new truck and a bigger 5'ver . . . so might have to work another 10 years to pay for that! :p

Maybe now you can make it to one of the Colorado HOC Rallies . . . or one of the many Mountain Region HOC Rallies.

Can't wait to meet you!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats frank. You both will enjoy it. Just slow down and take time to enjoy your travels. No reason to get in a hurry now. Also don't forget where you cut your teeth in regards to the HOC rallies with N Tx and Louisiana. Lol

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Congrats frank. You both will enjoy it. Just slow down and take time to enjoy your travels. No reason to get in a hurry now. Also don't forget where you cut your teeth in regards to the HOC rallies with N Tx and Louisiana. Lol

But don't forget that the Colorado and Mountain Region HOC is right next door . . .

We are the fastest growing HOC region right now because of where we are . . . the Rocky Mountains!

Ain't no better place in the world to be . . .

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Everything will fall into place and you'll wonder how you ever had time to work.

Boy truer word were never spoken!!! We haven't sold our house yet (DW wants a place to stop off inbetween travels) but we are thoroughly enjoying our "anytime" life style

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats Frank!! Look forward to hearing all about the adventure in Quanah.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you need to use the word "stress" in relation to "retirement," you're doing something wrong!

'Lil Guy'

Thanks for all of the replies. JohnD, you can bet you're one of he people I have to have a drink with. I intend to look you up sooner than later. Paul and Nancy, we'll be getting together soon (Weatherford). Looking forward to seeing you two again. Later and have a great day.