cargo door gasket

stratcat

I have a water leak on my cargo door. Looks like the channel gasket that the door edge is supposed to slide into has been installed wrong and the gasket is bent over allowing water intrusion into the compartment. After 4 trips to the dealer for repair to find the water intrusion problem I have had with this trailer since I purchased new, was finally able to find the problem. Now where can I purchase a new piece of gasket?

Lynn1130

Contact Heartland Customer Service with your VIN and they will be able to get you the part.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had a similar problem. Upon looking, we found that when the paint shop taped the unit for the full body paint, they taped the gaskets as well. 99% of the tape was removed but not all. Somehow some of the tape got down inside the gasket, pulling it back just enough that it would allow water intrusion. You couldn't see it but by running your fingers down and around the gaskets, bingo - tape. Since then, no more water leaks by the cargo doors.

danemayer

You may be able to fix the problem with a jar of rubber cement. Coat both surfaces, wait 2 or 3 minutes, press into place.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is it a "stick on" gasket?? If so, get a tube of 3M trim adhesive (yellow) put a little on the metal and stick the gasket in place. Great stuff....but only put where you want it and not very much.