Flamables storage?

TxCowboy

I was poking around in the basement this past weekend looking for a way to organize things a little better. It didn't take me long to realize something -- I was storing a bunch of volatile stuff! Lubricants, charcoal lighter fluid, touch up paint, things like that.

How do you all store these items safely?

MTPockets

I keep any of the flammables in a container inside the cross bed toolbox in the truck. Exception being the propane. I'm more comfortable storing there instead of the trailer. I don't carry charcoal fluid at all.

farside291

X2, propane, lighter fluid, WD-40, tire protectant, flea spray, citronella fluid ect...in a plastic box in the crossbed tool box. With the exception of the propane tank it sits fastened with a tie strap to the side of the box.

winterton

WE keep all the volatile flammables in a steel box in the truck bed. In industry, flammables are usually required to be kept in a steel box of sorts that is not flammable and limits the amount of air that can feed a fire plus protects the containers from damage. The propane tanks are vented thus reducing possibility of a fire as much as is practical. We have a rollable cover for the bed that covers the front portion while we are traveling and totally closes when disconnected. It's a trade off.