Boss radio 2016 heartland edge

Hometeam

Can anyone tell me how to turn the speakers off outside the Rv. Can't find any info on how to work the speaker system. Ty

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Try using the fader control to turn of the outside speakers.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mcook

I rewired the Boss unit in my 2015 Cyclone . It was wired incorrectly from factory. When turned on only low audio with static and popping from speakers .
Original wiring had outside & inside speakers wired together...no way fader would work. Also all 4 speakers had their - & + wired together.
I'm very disappointed in the workmanship.
But now all is well, fader works & speakers sound good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Treyz71

^^^ same problem with my 2015 Road Warrior. Had the dealer rewire it during punch list warranty fixes.

JW4250

Yep, it's done with the Balance/Fader knob. That radio is worthless. I've got a 7.1 surround sound receiver that I'm going to connect the speakers in the back room and outside to.

mlaspina

Mine too was wired incorrectly on my TQ 365. The balance would change inside to outside speakers, so we had Right in the Living Room, and Left Channel outside. Good thing I did not try to play anything from The Who!

A quick swap of some wires fixed it and now the fader controls inside/outside. I also piped in the DirecTV receiver into the rear aux inputs to make up for the horrid TV speakers. I'm finding a lot of little stuff here and there, but none of it's worth hauling the trailer back to the dealer to fix.

Agree. It's a pretty simple system. Unlike the remote with all the buttons😊
Buts it's also a pretty good player also because the Boss will play a DVD
I did a little reading of the different install guides and at least one said if "using only two speakers. Don't use the third and fourth speaker wires". So I suppose you could cut the outside speaker wires and tape them
off if you thought you would never want to use the outside speakers.
I found out that cutting 12 volt power with the battery switch resets the speaker fade setting to the default. Inside and outside. I purchased a speaker selector switch but haven't installed it yet. A simple double pole switch would cut out the speakers also
the Boss unit I have also acts up often like not shutting off. I just press on the face plate and it makes better contact to the base and it shuts off
i don't use mine a lot. But it does what I need when it do use it.

2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with 3.42 gears
I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels. (Pulls great !)
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
6-volt 240 AH batteries
Added dinette
Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US) the