20" wheels and tires???

Mike-n-Justina

I have a 2011 Dogde 3500 dually. I want to upgrade to 20" wheels and tires, but I don't want to change the height of my truck too much. I don't want my fifth wheel to sit higher in front, putting to much weight on my camper tires. Is anyone towing with a dually and 20's, if so tell me what kind of wheels and size tires you are pulling with. Pictures would be great too. Thanks. Maybe thinking even 19.5 wheels also.

jnbhobe

Closest tire I see is a 265/60/20 at 32.56 in. OD You probably have 235/80/17 at 31.7 in. OD then you need to find what wheels you want.

GOTTOYS

i have never seen dually wheels that are 20 inch. I've seen 20 inch wheels on SWR trucks. I have seen 19.5 inch wheels on a dually. The 19.5 tires are a real truck tire and last a long time. The only 20s I've seen are used on pickups and seem to be very expensive. Can't see any advantage to using them...Don

Nbomar

4b4cc44dc02a7bcbd52d73d6e2a33b08.jpg

20" metal mayhem. No adapters needed. American eagle has 20" wheels also. I'm running a 275/60r20. Rides and drives great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

Remember, a wheel size increase will decrease the amount of weight you can pull...it changes the differential ratio. It may not make a difference to you, but something to be aware of.

Nbomar

I tow a 43' road warrior and have no issues at all. I've never heard of a wheel size changing the towing ability. If the rotating mass is the same weight and diameter it would be exactly the same. My wheels might weigh a tiny bit more than the 17" factory setup but it is a very small difference. If the tires were taller or shorter, it would change the final ratio of the truck, but again. It's such a small difference, it's not noticeable. If I had switched from a factory forged wheel (not even available) to a cast wheel I might worry about affecting the load abilities, but not an issue with a light duty truck.

jnbhobe

Changing the diameter of the tire will change the end gear ratio. What Nbomar has done won't make much of any change, It takes a 1 1/2 to 2 inches to make a difference of one gear set.

Bones

Nbomar,
Your truck set up looks good. I am assuming you did not add any lift. Do you have any issues driving around town with the wider tires?

Nbomar

I put the Cognito upper control arms on and cranked the factory torsion bars up about an inch. It rides and drives like stock. No issues at all.

Mike-n-Justina

Nbomar,
Your truck looks sweet. Are those wheels Monstir? If so, they are the ones i am thinking of getting. Where did you end up getting the aluminum inside wheel from. That would probably be a less expensive way to go then to buy 6 monstir wheels. Did you order your wheels online?

Nbomar

I have 6 monsters. The rears interlock. You would need a matching inner.