Pulling New Coax

SilverRhino

Has anyone pulled new coax lines in their coach? I am wondering if they are loose or stapled in place. If loose you would be able to attach new cable and pull it through from one end, which is what I am hoping will happen.

Hope to be able to just pull the living room line into the basement to attach to splitter......line has never been right since we purchased the coach and I am finally tired of wondering if it is going to work or not and have decided to replace it. Actually, my wife said, "Fix it"!

TxCowboy

I think in most cases they are stapled, which is the source for so many complaint about poor or no reception when one of those staples damages the cable.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have done it in two coaches and did not secure it. It just lays loose in the underbelly.
I did not use the old coax to pull it. I just ran a new coax by pulling it with a piece of #12 wire that I uses as a fish.
Never a problem.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Your mileage may vary.

There are no stapled wires or cables in our Cyclone, although there is a lot of tie wrapped bundles.
Our trailer had quality coax (Beldon) with really **** poor connectors and installation. I fixed most of my issues with installing quality compression type coax connectors.

When I did the SAT installation I just ran all new coax. If you spend some time looking, you should be able to install new coax without a lot of trouble.

A flexible or rigid fish will aid you.

SilverRhino

Your mileage may vary.

There are no stapled wires or cables in our Cyclone, although there is a lot of tie wrapped bundles.
Our trailer had quality coax (Beldon) with really **** poor connectors and installation. I fixed most of my issues with installing quality compression type coax connectors.

When I did the SAT installation I just ran all new coax. If you spend some time looking, you should be able to install new coax without a lot of trouble.

A flexible or rigid fish will aid you.

Replaced the ends hoping that would fix the problem, but it did not. Test with a meter... Tests ok, move the trailer and test again.... Dead short. Wife is tired of not knowing when that TV will work.... So I am going to run new cable.

Duane, did you use Q4 cable or just regular shielded cable?

porthole

Retired
Originally Q4.

But when I needed more coax for the trailer and the house I bought a roll of this: [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Belden 7915A RG6/U Duobond Plus 3GHz Tri-Shield Broadband Coax.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]
Has a solid copper core instead of a copper clad and the type of shielding is supposed to be better then quad.
The compression connectors slip on a little easier as well.
[/FONT]

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I also ran new cable. Did have to drop the underbelly due to wire ties on the wire harness. You will also find wire ties on the wire looms from the frame to and up to the slides. Well at least on our Horn.